View Single Post
Old 25th July 2014, 05:47 PM   #1
Lee
EAAF Staff

Thumbs up Estate Sale of Lew Waldman's Arms & Armour Collection

Prior to his untimely passing, Lew had called me about his concerns for the disposition of his collection of ethnographic arms and armour. After some discussion, Lew and I decided that the probable highest return for his family would likely be sale by on line auction and that adventure is about to begin.

I had only seen the items that he brought to the Timonium and Ashokan seminars and the images he presented here on the forums, but that was enough to recognize that he was a most discerning and erudite collector. Having now seen the collection first hand, I recognize that that impression was entirely correct. Lew's armoury has remained largely untouched in the year and a quarter since his passing and is illustrated in the photographs below. The plan is to offer his collection at a rate of about a dozen items per month using the ebay auction platform, beginning this August.

You may preview objects being prepared for sale and follow the current status of the sale process at: http://www.vikingsword.com/lew/index.html

You may subscribe to e-mail announcements, ask questions and even request an item be moved forward in the sale queue by sending a PM to 'Lee' or an email to 'lew@vikingsword.com'

A link to the eBay auctions listing is still pending.
Attached Images

Last edited by Lee; 25th July 2014 at 05:58 PM.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote