View Single Post
Old 10th June 2009, 03:42 AM   #8
ferrylaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Ferry, this keris is ideal for a very extended discussion on tangguh, but regretably such a discussion is not really possible from photographs.

In the photos I can see a keris that displays features of Tuban-Mataram, and also of Tuban- Pajajaran.

In the hand I would be prepared to declare for one or the other, but I will not do that from photographs.
I realize that we can't make a further discussion on tangguh. I'm trully understand and honor your idea of discussing about tangguh. by these pictures , I try to get some estimations about the dhapur style, the iron material from the colour of the iron, the pamor material ( whether it too bright, too white, too pure for a nikel pamor, or it already appropiate for its era), the dimention-size/lenght/wide, condong leleh, etc.
tuban-mataram and tuban-pajajaran . I prefer to say that we are not making a conclution aboot its tangguh. but we are trying to determine its style only.
the keris has a tuban style for sure. Let's see again the pictures of tuban style kerises with the same pamor
Attached Images

ferrylaki is offline   Reply With Quote