View Single Post
Old 12th May 2006, 06:20 AM   #12
D Wilke

Default Better Pics

Better pics as requested.

Spunjer, glad to hear from you again and yes is it a swollen edge (that's why I pid so much for it).

Mabagani, always good to hear from you, but the Bud Dajo reference -OUCH! The Battle of the Clouds is not forgotten by those working here, but the younger generation here has no clue. The only rallies they had here were organized and attended by outsiders, the locals showed little interest. We did commemorate it here, as soldiers we appreciate and honor others of our kind that fight valiantly for that which they believe in. While many have tried to use it to drive a wedge we have tried to honor it and those that gave their lives while still focusing on the future and the development we're trying to create, instead of living in the past. The Tausug here are people of extremes they either love you or hate you, a completely misunderstood and misperceived people. We are working hard to insure that all from Manila to DC see the potential of this absolutely georgous, but still dangerous island and insure the resources they need to take their rightful place are not misdirected. And of course on a personal note I've tried to re-educate some on their weapons, their crafts and the market possibilities of their exquisite artwork. We have an initiative started and I've linked up some old craftsmen with their Barangay captains and the schools where we put internet in to try to get small internet busineses started. Just wish I could have made contact with that old blacksmith, but I will leave behind 90+ projects for school renovation, water distribution, health clinics, livelihood programs, etc. for my successors to implement.

More on the Tausug later, absolutely fascinating culture, but now the pictures.
Attached Images

D Wilke is offline   Reply With Quote