View Single Post
Old 9th March 2005, 04:58 PM   #93
Mare Rosu
Deceased

JENS
In an earlier post I stated that the tip end compass was pointing in the wrong direction, and I did not know why.
I think I have an explanation for the confused compass.
While I was doing the Case knife test that was suggested by FEARN I inadvertently got the compass to close to the magnetic knife holder and it switched the needle magnetic field, to where outside the house the needle pointed South instead of North.
I did demagnetize the compass using a demagnetizer and then re-magnetized it back to "normal".
The moral of this story is be careful with your compasses and strong magnetic fields from any source.

ANN
Your most welcome on the wootz ingots/bar. Just let me know when you are ready for them.
You also asked about where I got the wootz ingots. All of the items came from Oriental-Arms, Artzi. My first wootz ingot, the one that has the inscriptions on it was reportedly to have come from the Alwar armory.

RIVKIN
I did try to determine the conductance of the blade for any variances but the meter I have is just not sensitive enough to detect any change along the blade.
I did find something unusual, the cast bronze? hilt has a ~1 Meg Ohm resistance from the blade to the hilt end, indicating some sort of resistance between the two.
Gene
Mare Rosu is offline   Reply With Quote