View Single Post
Old 26th July 2015, 11:05 PM   #6
trenchwarfare's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 385

Nice gun. I believe the black grainy substance you speak of is a filler, or form of grout. I used to think that all inlays were individually carved into the wood. But, if you look closely, where you have a series of linear inlays, they are all set in a wide channel, then grouted in. You see this especially on the cheaper, tourista guns. Then it appears, the filler was used anywhere there was a gap between two different materials.
trenchwarfare is offline   Reply With Quote