Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th January 2008, 03:23 AM   #1
kahnjar1

Cool DREAMTIME??

For those who do not trust others while they are "slightly out of this world", here is the ideal tool to give a swift jab to anyone about to make off with the poppies!
A rather unusual Opium pipe with concealed dagger in the middle. I have seen the odd one of these for sale on Ebay, but not often do they appear.
It came, together with the Dha dagger and the "Peacock" opium pipe, from the same local source, and it originates from the Hill Tribes of the Golden Triangle area. The colour photo is from a book called Peoples of the Golden Triangle and illustrates similar pipes, though not with internal daggers. Total length of the pipe is 15", and the bowl has been shaped as a Lotus Flower.
The "Peacock" pipe is the real thing but I have seen smaller copies made of different material in the Bangkok markets. Both pipes have been well used judging by the bowls.
Something a bit different.
Stuart
Attached Images

kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 06:49 AM   #2
Tim Simmons

A Junkies knife
http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...ighlight=opium
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 07:35 AM   #3
Gavin Nugent

Default Gorgeous array

A very nice array of pipes and scales Stuart. Concealed edged weapons is what first started me collecting weapons, apart from comis books as a kid. I have had a vast array of high end sword canes, swagger canes, riging crops, camel whips all with various styles of blades but until now, I have never seen such an oddity, very nice and unusual indeed.

I've just sent you an email to your home email with an array of artifacts, some 3-500years old, others a lot newer, I thought the opium scales might be of interest to you.

regards

Gavin
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 02:36 AM   #4
kahnjar1

Default Not mine unfortunately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebooter
A very nice array of pipes and scales Stuart. Concealed edged weapons is what first started me collecting weapons, apart from comis books as a kid. I have had a vast array of high end sword canes, swagger canes, riging crops, camel whips all with various styles of blades but until now, I have never seen such an oddity, very nice and unusual indeed.

I've just sent you an email to your home email with an array of artifacts, some 3-500years old, others a lot newer, I thought the opium scales might be of interest to you.

regards

Gavin
As stated above, the scales etc are not mine, but are a pic in a book titled Peoples of the Golden Triangle. I WISH THEY WERE MINE!!!
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 03:25 AM   #5
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Smile Interesting

In Japan the pipe 'Kiseru' evolved into a Samurai weapon .

A Kiseru ; copper inlay on brass :
Attached Images

Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 05:06 PM   #6
Tim Simmons

kahnjar, I sent you a pm. It could be in your interest to get in touch.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote