Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 11th September 2017, 11:52 AM   #1
kronckew

Default Iwisa or Rungu? or...

Your opinions, please. just acquired this club. advertised as zulu - which is an assumption many sellers make to add class. nice club, but a bit short looking for an iwisa. doesn't have the classic maasi rungu bumps and lumps tho. rootball head looks smoked. or once buried in dung i'll give it a sniff on arrival.
Attached Images

kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 04:58 PM   #2
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronckew
or once buried in dung i'll give it a sniff on arrival.
Hope for your nose that you are wrong with your assumption!

Anyway, nice club!

Regards,
Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 07:38 PM   #3
kronckew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajen
Hope for your nose that you are wrong with your assumption!

Anyway, nice club!

Regards,
Detlef
smoked, not so bad. like my bacon smoked. horse manure is not too bad, i'm from the countryside. bovine and sheep manure, other large ruminents, not quite so nice. predator scat, and such getting smelly. worst is great ape poo. we are greatest apes.

i read somewhere the iwisa carvers routinely buried their raw mtls. (branched rootballs, etc, in piles cow dung to keep them from drying out and cracking.

p.s. - don't go in my head* for a few minutes, it's still deadly in there. even Poppy won't go in there.

*-naval term for toilet, not a request for psychoanalysis. old sailing vessels, to relieve themselves required going to the the bow, or pointy end for you landlubbers, and stand on the head chains that stayed the bowsprit - the stick that pokes out of the front. hence to poo, you went to the head. hopefully chosing the lee side - the downwind side, especially if you were urinating or a bit loose from the cooks culinary masterpieces. and yes, people did occasionally fall off. crew, particularly the topmen, well skilled in standing on the footropes while clawing in or rigging a wet canvas sail in a storm were usually immune from that fate. officers of course got a bucket and their steward would go to the head to empty it.

Last edited by kronckew; 11th September 2017 at 07:56 PM.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote