Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st August 2022, 06:43 AM   #1
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Exclamation RARE ORIGINAL, HARD-BOUND, HAND-TYPED MANUSCRIPT OF RAWSON’S “THE INDIAN SWORD”

Over the next few months, I will be selling off some of my library pertaining to edged weapons. To start things off, I have an original hand-typed manuscript of P.S. Rawson, The Indian Sword: A catalogue raissone of the Indian collections in the Victoria and Albert Museum.

Two-volume set, quarto, hard-bound blue cloth with gilt lettering on spine. Continuously paginated through two volumes; overall 289 pages. Library gilt numbers on spine; neat blind-stamped circular library impress on front boards. Library labels on front paste downs and a few other discreet library marks. Volume 1 is the Introduction and Volume 2 is the detailed descriptive catalogue. Both volumes dated 1952 on the spine, well before the commercial publication of this work in 1968 and 1969.

The condition of these volumes is fair, with some rubbing of the covers and occasional foxing of the pages. The typing is clear and double-spaced. The manuscript does not include illustrations, but most of these can be found in subsequent publications of his work.

I believe that this manuscript was from Rawson’s thesis for a master’s or doctoral degree. I purchased these in 2001 from an English antiquarian bookseller: Autolycus, High Street, Bishop’s Castle, U.K.

I have retained a personal digital copy of these two volumes.

Asking price: USD 500.00, plus postage and insurance from Australia. PayPal only please.

Please contact me at igreaves (at) temple (dot) edu for questions or further information
Attached Images

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:49 PM   #2
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Bump
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote