Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th March 2016, 09:58 PM   #1
Ken Maddock

Default Khanda sword

Hi all
Purchased the attached sword
Looking for some advice
I normally do not clean up my swords but this one needs a lot if TLC
Before I attempt I want to make a few enquiries before I go along a route that it is very hard to recover from
Overall description is that the khanda is a bit unusual in that it has a tulwar type handle as opposed to the normal basket and secondly it is very short at 22.5 inches blade length and 27.5 overall length
I am thinking about how to clean up the sword
I feel to clean it properly I need to remove the fretting re enforcement on the blade or else I will not get the blade cleaned into the groves of the fretting, you should be able to see the pin holding the fretting on the longest side, would ther be a pin on both ends if the fretting and is it a friction fit or is it soldered to the blade
Also I will have to remove the blade out of the handlebuti have re seated blades into the resin with no real difficulty.
So question iis, is this a rare blade or is the blade of no real value so I have nothing to loose
Any idea of age or cleaning advice welcomed
Regards and happy st Patricks day
Ken
Attached Images

Ken Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote