Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th March 2016, 04:01 PM   #1
harrywagner

Default Two Kindjals for comment

I would like to solicit comments about these two Kindjals. One of them was sold as newly manufactured, and the other as an antique. Neither look antique to me, but these are the first Kindjals I have handled so please let me know what you think. All comments are welcome. Don't hold back. I can take it.

Harry
Attached Images

harrywagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 04:47 PM   #2
Bob A

I'll bite.

Having handled nearly as many kindjals as you, I agree that, based on what I could see of the blades, they both look new to me.
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 04:50 PM   #3
ariel

Both are obvious modern replicas. I suspect that the seller was honest enough not to use words like old, genuine, antique or such in the descriptions:-)))
They are usually offered for ~ a fifth of the price that the real stuff goes. You get what you pay for.

Sorry.
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 08:30 PM   #4
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Hi harry:

I agree with Ariel. These are of recent manufacture and aimed at the foreign market. The blades are very disappointing although the fittings clean up reasonably well. I have a couple that I picked up in Tblisi about 15-20 years ago for a few dollars each, and you can find them regularly on eBay.

Ian.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 11:28 PM   #5
harrywagner

Default Thanks

Thanks guys. No big deal. They were inexpensive, and I like the silver one (the one without the stone). The seller listed it as brand new. I could not resist it for the price. It has made me add a Kindjal to my must-have list.

I must have been drinking when I bought the one with the stone. And it never even arrived! I am starting to think that is a good thing.
harrywagner is offline   Reply With Quote