Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st May 2023, 05:51 PM   #1
PhDBrewer

Default Italian Blunderbuss w/folding stock & oval barrel

Hello All, I am researching this Italian Blunderbuss. Information received from the seller was quite limited. Apparently made in the first quarter of the 18th century, ~1720-1730. The workmanship is well done. There is some restoration work that has been preformed. I am trying to decipher the barrel mark. The only one that I can find is on the bottom of the breech.
Thank you!

William

edit:
I have tried to add the images. I have written the mods about it. Apparently I do not have permission yet. Image size is 1280 x 1231px, size 213.5 kb. Well within the limit.
I click on "manage attachments", select the image and click upload and get the following message:
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The above image is linked and not uploaded to the server. I wish to allow the images to be archived on this site, as per the guidelines.
images are on my server and they are larger than allowed. once I figure out how to get them here I will add to the post. Hopefully this will not get me kicked off!
https://phdbrewer.com/IBB/
William

Last edited by PhDBrewer; 2nd May 2023 at 04:14 AM.
PhDBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2023, 06:46 PM   #2
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

And where are the photos, William ? .
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2023, 08:07 PM   #3
werecow

The upload thingy can be a little confusing at first. Keep the "manage attachments" upload window open after the upload button, until you see the attachments appear in the window where you type your reply.
werecow is offline   Reply With Quote