Marcokeris

Why obviously?
Marcokeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 01:04 AM   #5
ferrylaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcokeris
Why obviously?
the warangka, the wood appear bright in color. the pendok was polished and make looks new. Bought this keris in a very quick bargain.
there is a small hole on the pendok, the bottom part of the pendok.
if only some one in this forum have an idea that this is a worthy keris to preserve, I'd like to make a new warangka for it.

about the blade it self, I really curious about the layers on the iron.
any body can tell me , if there's some thing suspicious about the iron work that indicate this is a new made keris?

specially on this two pictures....
your help really appreciated.
ferrylaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 03:15 AM   #6
ferrylaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrylaki
the warangka, the wood appear bright in color. the pendok was polished and make looks new. Bought this keris in a very quick bargain.
if only some one in this forum have an idea that this is a worthy keris to preserve, I'd like to make a new warangka for it.

any body can tell me , if there's some thing suspicious about the iron work that indicate this is a new made keris?

here the pictures....
Attached Images

Old 4th December 2007, 05:42 AM   #7
Boedhi Adhitya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrylaki

It isn't just because the wood appear bright in color, then it is new. The warangka probably has some ages. Have you checked the wood inside the warangka ? Is it look new, white and 'wet' or already 'dry' and dirty ? The pendhok also has some ages. It is a particular kind of pendhok that is rarely produced now. You have to specially order it if you want a new ones today.

The blade is very unlikely to be a new ones. The sor-soran shows (old) Madura's tangguh influences, but the application of pamor is not.

If I were you, I would leave the blade-wrangka ensemble intact, as it has already depicted what it should : an old Madura's keris.
Boedhi Adhitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 08:00 AM   #8
ferrylaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedhi Adhitya
It isn't just because the wood appear bright in color, then it is new. The warangka probably has some ages. Have you checked the wood inside the warangka ? Is it look new, white and 'wet' or already 'dry' and dirty ? The pendhok also has some ages. It is a particular kind of pendhok that is rarely produced now. You have to specially order it if you want a new ones today.

The blade is very unlikely to be a new ones. The sor-soran shows (old) Madura's tangguh influences, but the application of pamor is not.

If I were you, I would leave the blade-wrangka ensemble intact, as it has already depicted what it should : an old Madura's keris.
So I guess inside an old warangka should be dry and dirty.
I really appreciate all informations I've received.
I'll leave it just like this. with some restoration on the pendok, since it has a hole on the bottom. I will not clean or stain the blade cause it has a very strong scent , the previous owner put a heavy fragrance oil on it.
I like it though. the pamor...I totally lost it. have no idea whether it has a pamor or not. even if it has a pamor...just don't know what it is.
Old 4th December 2007, 02:10 PM   #9
David
Keris forum moderator

I agree with Boedhi, i see no reason to change the sheath on this keris. The sheath is quite nice, in very good shape and if i am not mistaken, that is tortoise shell in the window of the pendok. It looks to me that your keris certainly has pamor. It is clearly evident in your photos. It just doesn't appear to be in any kind of high contrast material. Not all pamor is shiney nickel colored.
David is offline   Reply With Quote