Marcokeris

Default Megantoro

Dapur megantoro, pamor pedaringan
Attached Images

Marcokeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 03:53 PM   #2
ganjawulung

Hi Marco,
Like "Karna Tinandhing" (two sekar kacangs in one blade), this type of dhapur is also reflecting the brilliant idea of the creator -- combination of keris with luks and straight blade... Combined in one nice curving bottom lines of "ganja wilut"

I have one, but not as good as yours. In Yogyakartan sheath too...

GANJAWULUNG
Attached Images

ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 05:11 PM   #3
Alam Shah

Lovely blades.. I've always love this dapur.. this and Pulanggeni.. Congrats to all whom have this blade..
Alam Shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 06:25 PM   #4
GIO

Hi Marcokeris,
Wonderful piece ! My compliments
Purchased during your latest visit to Java, I suppose.
GIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 10:41 PM   #5
A. G. Maisey

Nice keris Marco.

Pak Ganja, would be kind enough to list the ricikan of keris dhapur megantoro for us?

Thank you.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 01:20 AM   #6
ganjawulung

With pleasure, Alan, I try to describe it. This dhapur is one of my favorite for a long time. And one of the best Megantara (or Megantoro) I've ever seen in my hand is the one in the collection of Mr Haryono Guritno (as you may see in his book, "Keris Jawa" on page 319 and 358 -- picture below). A Megantara with tinatah emas (gold ornament) "wadana sawelas" (ornaments in eleven surfaces of the blade) in Yogyakartan dress of timoho gayaman ('ngingrim motif'), gold pendhok with diamonds... A truly elegant keris pusaka of Yogyakarta.

IMHO, from what I've seen from other Megantara kerises too, it is the type of "medium sized" keris. Mine is 33 cm length without pesi (almost 7 cm), compare to most Javanese kerises that usually measured 35 cm without pesi. All has "wilut" (double curve, or it is more precise -- "kelap lintah") ganja. And it usually has details of sekar kacang "pogok" (not full sekar kacang) but in a specific form of "kecambah" (sprout?) or even at a glance -- as cock's head.. Other details -- it has always seven luks, with one jalen, one lambe gajah, pejetan, tikel alis, greneng with curving end, and must have a kruwingan until 3/4 of the blade... It looks more feminine blade, than masculin...

Why always seven? It might be traced from its name "mega" or sky. In "candra sengkala" sky also reflect "7" score too. Also in Indonesian expression, we know this paraphrase of "... sampai langit ke tujuh" or 'until the seventh sky'.

I don't know who created this dhapur. But from what I've seen, at least from the pusaka of Yogyakarta in the hand of Haryono Guritno -- the tangguh supposed to be Majapahit...

GANJAWULUNG
Attached Images

ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote