Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury

Old 15th December 2008, 02:55 AM   #1
celtan

Default No more members accepted?

Hi Jim et al,

I have been inviting several of my collector friends to the forum, but they report their membership is not being processed, and that they get a message stating thet the forum is not accepting any more members.

What gives?

Manuel

Please check below:

Yes, the link worked just fine. However when I try to access the forum directly. I get a message saying Internal Server Error. Also, when I tried to join, I got a message saying not accepting new members at this time. Any idea what is going on?
Thanks.

In a message dated 12/13/2008 6:53:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, crwunnos@gmail.com writes:
Did the link I sent you work?

Best

M

HATTCAR@aol.com wrote:
For some reason I can't seem to access the sword forum. Can you help?
celtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 05:36 AM   #2
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Hi Manuel,
Im checking...we'll see whats up OK,
Best,
Jim
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Lee
EAAF Staff

Exclamation Open for new members

Registrations are still open (there may be some confusion here with Sword Forum International ... please see this post).

In order to prevent spammers from delivering their payload here, however, we have had to impose some degree of run-around here to get registered. Below are excerpts from the FAQ:

I've registered, so why can't I post?
When you register, you are sent an e-mail containing a link that you click to verify that you can receive e-mail at the address you provided and to activate your registration. If you did not receive this email with the registration activation link, chances are that your e-mail system has misidentified it as spam and intercepted it or put it directly in the junk folder. For a quick fix, email ljones@vikingsword.com and ask for manual activation, being sure to include your user name. HOWEVER, you probably will still have another problem. If another forum member attempts to contact you in the future using the e-mail forward function of the forums, it is likely that this communication will also be discarded by your mail service. To avoid this problem, you may have access to settings to allow mail from specified domains (in this case vikingsword.com) to pass and be able to fix the problem yourself or you may need to contact your mail service provider concerning their e-mail filtering functions.

I have made a post, why did it not show up?
Our forum has had a problem with topically unrelated commercial postings (spam) by some newly registered members. For this reason, new members are in a probationary status. When you make your first post, expect it to possibly be several hours before it appears. This is because it is placed in a moderation queue for clearing by a moderator. Once it becomes obvious that you are here to discuss ethnographic arms and armor, a moderator will promote you to allow immediate appearance of posts.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 12:37 PM   #4
celtan

Hi Guys,

I have been contacted by the interested party and informed that he was finally able to enroll in our group.

Thanks for all.

Merry Xmas!

Manuel
celtan is offline   Reply With Quote