Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 31st May 2011, 09:08 PM   #1
carlitobrigante

Default Mixed bag of items

Having abit of a clear out to make way for new arrivals.

Need the cash really but would be interested in any swops including any moro or kachin items. Im also after a Ngombe execution type sword (the double blade type form or similar).

1. Burmese Dha unusually straight. Comes with a battered and probably original scabbard. 80cm total length. £110

2. Nice large well forged knife that i understand was sourced from some of the Hmong peoples that are based in Thailand. Doesnt show in the pics that well but the blade shows a pleasing thick flowing temper line not unlike a Hamon. Blade is 32cm, 47cm total. £50 (includes ww postage)

3. Shan Dagger, Burmese? Rattan wrapped handle. Blade showing a nice temper line and lamination patterns all along the spine. Scabbard has had a repair. £50 (£50 includes world wide postage)
Attached Images

carlitobrigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 09:32 PM   #2
carlitobrigante

4. Sikkin Panjang sword. Very good condition other than a large age crack in the handle. Nice 60cm long laminated blade. No scabbard. £200

5. Lovely Chieftans Kachin Dao. Nice thick blade that has been forged extremely well for the type. Shows lovely temper line in a think hamon type effect. Strong hairpin laminations showing along the entire spine of the blade. Handle is rock solid, and its the only one of these i have seen with this grip which is composed of 2 different types of rattan binding, wood, brass and silver fittings. Sadly missing its scabbard and the bone cap from the pommel else i would be asking alot more. One of the larger ones i have seen with a 55cm long blade, 70cm total approx (its the middle of the 3 pictured in the first image)

£300
Attached Images

Old 31st May 2011, 09:54 PM   #3
carlitobrigante

6. Wootz Katar, old one, with re-inforced tip, some corrosion in small patches, wootz pattern clearly visable in the hand, difficult to capture in the pics. Someone who knows what they are doing could polish this up amazing with no much effort. £150

7. Unusual Dha sword. Blade healthy and has some age. Shows nice temper line. Unusual coral and turquiose stone fittings. Black lacquer grip. Possibly from Laos? Everything nice and solid (Blade has been re-inforced with some sort of expoxyed) Blade 49cm long. About 77cm total length. £110
Attached Images

Old 31st May 2011, 09:58 PM   #4
carlitobrigante

Paypal or direct bank transfer only please. will listen to any offers, trades etc.

Please contact me to confirm postage costs on the swords.
Old 4th July 2011, 06:04 PM   #5
carlitobrigante

all moved to ebay. thread can be closed, many thanks