Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Keris Swap Forum

Old 11th July 2020, 04:34 PM   #1
Bjorn

Default Keris from Catalogue 68 for sale

Offered for sale, keris number 12 from Alan Maisey's Keris Catalogue 68. The original description is provided below along with the photos from the catalogue.
I am selling this keris for the same amount of money that I spent on it (including shipping and insurance), and under the understanding that it will be added to a private collection and not offered for resale at a higher price.

Sale price: €350 (excluding shipping).

Reason for parting with it are some pricey home renovations I am currently engaged in.

Item will be sent from the Netherlands.
Payment via PayPal or bank transfer.

[B]Catalogue description[/B]
Keris 12.
A Javanese keris with a 7 wave blade and bearing pamor tri warna, that is, three pamors combining to form the motif, in this case pamor pandan iris, lawe setukal, and sekar gelagah.
The ricikan include sogokan, kembang kacang and greneng and have been executed with a high degree of skill.
The wrongko is the Surakarta gayaman form, expertly fashioned from beautifully coloured burl teak with an intricate grain. A pendok deeply embossed with a motif of flowers and leaves on both front and reverse faces is fitted.
The elegantly carved Surakarta planar hilt is a rarity in that it has 8 cecekan rather the usual two. A gilt kendit mendak set with rose cut rock crystal (yakut) is fitted.
An elegant keris with high artistic presence.

Blade length 15.25" (387mm.) overall length 20.6" (523mm.) $380.
Attached Images

Bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2020, 12:07 PM   #2
Bjorn

Communication via PM is best. I've noticed direct e-mails seem to end up in the spam folder of my gmail.
Old 25th July 2020, 07:07 PM   #3
Bjorn

Put up for auction on external site.