Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Miscellania
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 18th October 2021, 01:25 PM   #1
Mickey the Finn

Perhaps so...at least for the lucky owner of the rare bird, upon whom Fortune certainly has smiled... If memory serves, they also thought the coelocanth, forest reindeer, and the Pseudoryx nghetinhensis (sometimes called the Asian unicorn, a misnomer, since it has two horns. The Asian unicorn was actually the Elasmotherium; see "The Mythic Chinese Unicorn: 2nd Edition" by Jeannie Thomas Parker) were extinct...
Old 18th October 2021, 03:13 PM   #2
kronckew

Apparently he was a Norwegian Blue Velociraptor, and was pining for the fjords...Last I heard, he'd headed that way. Any Norwegians best be careful out in the woods. 'He' may have been a parthenogenic female looking for a place to nest.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Act 1 Sc 5, 187-188: Hamlet

Little Ham said that to Horatio Nelson, or maybe Horatio Hornblower. I disremember which. (A hamlet is a little ham, isn't it?)
Old 18th October 2021, 08:59 PM   #3
Bob A

Re: little ham, perhaps you're thinking of Mickey Rooney? Actors are the only little hams with speaking parts.

Hamlets are little villages; while they are said to speak with one voice regarding the characteristics of the villagers, it would be more a Greek Chorus than a singular voice.

I wouldn't Pooh-pooh your little ham, though. Possibly you were thinking of a piglet?

It would never do, to go into the mathematics of Horatios in a genteel forum, of course.
Old 18th October 2021, 11:07 PM   #4
kronckew

A Ham-let was a Danish prince, that means a full Ham was a Danish King.

Not to be confused with English Hamlets, which are small Hamms, full Hamms, like Peckham, Cheltenham, Birmingham, Tottenham, West/East Ham, Streatham, Eltham, take up more room. We have a Ham near me that is just named 'Ham'. Not far from Berkeey Castle on the river Severn*. There is another full Hamm named, er, Fulham'.

Piglets are Danish Bacon Seeds.

Hope that clarifies things.

p.s. - Horatios are higher in dedicated areas like the Reeperbahn in Hamburg. Best not to go there though.

*- I'm still looking for the River Eightn. We have a River Avon not too far away. Silly, Avon means river, so it's really the River River. The river Styx is, i think somewhere in Grease.
Attached Images

Last edited by kronckew; 18th October 2021 at 11:33 PM.
Old 20th October 2021, 05:49 PM   #5
Royston

Styx were not in Grease, it was Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta
Old 20th October 2021, 06:13 PM   #6
kronckew

Didn't Olivia Newton-John discover gravity when a koala fell out of its tree and landed on John Travolta?
Old 21st October 2021, 05:51 PM   #7
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Time for a break, Gentlemen.
Closed Thread