Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th December 2007, 10:13 PM   #1
Mytribalworld

Default Ebay... who do they think they are....?

Well finally you have a good auction, with all risk at my site of a marvelous Aceh sword. A few bidders snipes the auction. Item sold at 1365 USd.
And then just some minutes later Ebay declares the sale as " removed! "
" the winning bidders account was probably taken over by someone esle who didn't have permission"
And then? Ebay grabbing into mines and removed the whole auction No pics, no second chances , nothing!
May I remind that ebay has declared to be an auction site wich is placed unther official rules. Isn't sold sold then?

Its not the fact that I didn't sell the object , i'm sure bidders will contact me but Its quite rough to grab in my ebay history and wipe everthing out however its just a few minutes old.

Last edited by mandaukudi; 6th December 2007 at 10:37 PM.
Mytribalworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 10:28 PM   #2
spiral

This has become common in last month particularily on japanese swords. seen it on one high value kukris as well.

It usualy means a bidder has contacted ebay to say there accounts been hacked & it wasnt them bidding.

Its either sabotage by individual customers who lost or doesnt like you or perhaps rival sellers, or if the high bidder was hacked some one would try to pay you with a stolen credit card etc. [someone tried to get me like that 7 years ago.]

strangly though the 5 Ive seen recently were all withdrawn shortly after the auction.

Spiral
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 06:09 AM   #3
Mytribalworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral
This has become common in last month particularily on japanese swords. seen it on one high value kukris as well.

It usualy means a bidder has contacted ebay to say there accounts been hacked & it wasnt them bidding.

Its either sabotage by individual customers who lost or doesnt like you or perhaps rival sellers, or if the high bidder was hacked some one would try to pay you with a stolen credit card etc. [someone tried to get me like that 7 years ago.]

strangly though the 5 Ive seen recently were all withdrawn shortly after the auction.

Spiral

I begin to understand what happened. Its all a kind of piracy. Fraudulent guys are looking out for auctions that goes high.
They place a high bid using the username and password they captured earlier with spoof mails.
Just when the auction is over they tell Ebay that they where captured.
Ebay pulls back the auction. After the auction you get poof mails like.
"click here for the info on your payment" when you click there you have to loggin
what I didn't do of course..........

So you see that even Ebay ( however they do not know) makes it easier for this hijackers to act on this way.
Its a very strange way, and the last words about it are not spoken yet..

I have wrote a quite angry letter to Ebay because I think they not realize that they unwillingly get involved into this piracy.
It seems to easy to hijack someones account and when it goes wrong the Ebay system seems to be more helpfull for the hijacker than for the seller.
And Ebay? Ebay is hiding itself behind " the system and his technical reasons"

Arjan.

I'll keep you informed about it.
Mytribalworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 02:28 AM   #4
Bill M

I'll post some pictures when I get the "marvelous Aceh sword." In the meantime here is the grim visage of Arjan, ready to fight eBay and the hijacking pirates!

Come on, Arjan!!!!!
Attached Images

Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 07:22 AM   #5
tunggulametung

Thumbs up

Go Arjan Go!!!

Try my spelling: "Yang putih kapur yang kuning sirih, yang putih kapur yang kuning sirih... hijakers go away!"
tunggulametung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 04:25 PM   #6
spiral

Repel the boarders Arjan! Give no quarter!

Spiral
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 04:31 PM   #7
David
Keris forum moderator

AWESOME!!!
David is offline   Reply With Quote