Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Miscellania

Old 20th January 2019, 02:42 PM   #1
Bill M

Default Pre-Columbian Valdiva stone

One of our oldest pieces. It is about 5,000 years old (authenticated) from the Valdivia Culture 3500-1500 bc. South America - Chile

Looks like one of the Ancient Aliens TV Shows
Attached Images

Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 02:19 AM   #2
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

What an incredibly crisp and well preserved piece of stonework. Looks like it was made yesterday.

Ian.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 10:24 AM   #3
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
What an incredibly crisp and well preserved piece of stonework. Looks like it was made yesterday.

Ian.

I said the same thing when I bought it! It came from a burial place in the high and dry climate in the south American area of Valdivia. Ane area where actually cloth, thousands of years old, have survived.

Our artifact was personally vetted by Stephen (and Claudia) Munoz Kramer. Atlanta natives. They donated a huge collection of Pre-Columbian artifacts to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art).

Google LACMA and Munoz-Kramer collection for some of the artifacts they donated

We were fortunate to go to the Deadmore estate sale in Atlanta. Very close friend of Steve. We were able to also collect several more Pre-Columbian artifacts.

In an area where PreColumbian artifacts that are fake, I only buy from very well-known people in the area(s)

Anne and I went with Steve and his wife Claudia to the dedication and display of their collection.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote