Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd November 2006, 01:42 AM   #1
ariel

Default Visit to Israel

Just came back from vacation: 3 glorious weeks with no Internet...
I had a privilege to visit with Artzi and Avner Yaroms and to see their personal collections. What can I say.... Those 2 days were the highlight of my trip! The Louvre and the Hermitage have nothing to boast about in comparison. Astonishing pieces! I also met their friend, Mr. Joshua Greenfeld, who is the Ultimate Collector with an Aladdin's Cave for a house. I want to thank all of them for their hospitality and generosity. God bless them with peace, long life and a lot of happiness for them and their families.
I did not take pics of their swords, but I made a couple of pictures of Haifa (that's where Artzi lives) from the road leading from his house to the coastal highway. Some cities were built in the places chosen by God Almighty for their sheer beauty: San Francisco, Rio, Capetown. And Haifa is one of them....
Also, there is a pic of me in Caesarea, and old Roman town.
I stand there next to the stature of one of the Roman governors of the place. To make ID easy for everybody, I am on the right, wearing glasses and the Guv is the one on the left, without the head
Attached Images

ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 04:46 PM   #2
VANDOO
(deceased)

Thumbs up

I AM ENVIOUS IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TRIP AND TO BE PRIVELEGED TO SEE THOSE FINE COLLECTIONS WOULD BE A REAL TREAT! I WILL HAVE TO PUT ISRAEL ON MY PLACES TO GO LIST IT LOOKS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. THE CLOSEST I HAVE CAME TO THERE IS THE BOTTOM OF THE RED SEA AT SHARIEM EL SHEIK.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote