Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd September 2017, 10:03 AM   #1
BANDOOK

Default OMANI KHANJAR

A NICE OMANI KHANJAR COMPLETE WITH DETAILED SILVER WORK AND TRADITIONAL EMBROIDERED BELT.
IBRAHIIM CAN TELL US MORE.
REGARDS RAJESH
Attached Images

Last edited by BANDOOK; 3rd September 2017 at 10:24 AM.
BANDOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 07:34 PM   #2
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Salaams and the forum site to visit is Omani Khanjars..at http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...=omani+khanjar You can see one being built at #5 of this reference.

Here we have a 4 ringer, Baatinah Khanjar and a nice belt with gold wash on key areas including the buttons and parts of the clasp... The Hilt is a high density plastic rendition quite common these days and in saving rare species horns is commendable. See #2 of reference for same hilt material.

I do admire that belt! I think it is older than the weapon.See the top picture where the button displays the Omani Emblem of two crossed swords over a Khanjar.

Baatinah Scabbard design always shows a lot of stitched and plate silver above and below the belt... filling the space allocated ... no expanse of leather...simply full of silver decoration.

Below The Baatinah Coast: North West from Muscat and beyond Sohar.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 3rd September 2017 at 10:02 PM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 07:47 PM   #3
rickystl

Hi Bandook.

While I have very little knowledge of these blades. But fortunately there are others on this Forum who do. LOL I just wanted to mention what an attractive ensamble this dagger and belt are. I can decide which I like better, the dagger or the belt. LOL Nice looking set.

Rick
rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2017, 10:49 AM   #4
BANDOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Salaams and the forum site to visit is Omani Khanjars..at http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...=omani+khanjar You can see one being built at #5 of this reference.

Here we have a 4 ringer, Baatinah Khanjar and a nice belt with gold wash on key areas including the buttons and parts of the clasp... The Hilt is a high density plastic rendition quite common these days and in saving rare species horns is commendable. See #2 of reference for same hilt material.

I do admire that belt! I think it is older than the weapon.See the top picture where the button displays the Omani Emblem of two crossed swords over a Khanjar.

Baatinah Scabbard design always shows a lot of stitched and plate silver above and below the belt... filling the space allocated ... no expanse of leather...simply full of silver decoration.

Below The Baatinah Coast: North West from Muscat and beyond Sohar.
Thanks Ibrahiim ,have gone through the earlier thread ,regards Rajesh
BANDOOK is offline   Reply With Quote