Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th January 2013, 11:00 PM   #1
RSWORD

Default 3 old Southeast Asian spears for sale

3 spears of Southeast Asian origin. I'm not sure if they are Thai or Burmese or somewhere else from Southeast Asia but I'm leaning towards those two for now. All 3 have bamboo shafts with a beautiful honey brown patina. Lengths and details of each:

Longest example is 79 1/2" in total length with the spearhead being 14 3/4". The blade is very massive and thick, being four sided at the base and remaining this way slightly over half way and then it flattens out a bit but still keeping a thick diamond shaped cross section to the tip. It has a brass or bronze ferrule with some decorative elements. The base of the blade has line chiseling. The blade has a dark patina. Shows a lot of age. I won't speculate too much but could be as early as 18th century and is certainly 19th century.

The second longest example measures 74 1/2" in total length and the spearhead is 12". The blade on this one is also four sided, but much more narrow than the longest example but made in a similar fashion in that the blade is four sided over half way its length and then begins to flatten out towards the tip keeping the diamond shaped cross section. The ferrule is either copper or bronze with the very bottom of the ferrule uneven, possibly torn or shortened. The blade has a very dark patina. Very old spear.

The shortest example of the three measures 62" but this is the intended length as the shaft has not been broken. It appears there may have been an end piece at one time that is no longer present. The spearhead measures 14" in total length. The blade is slightly different in that it has a socket section at the base and then you have the four sided blade going like the others until it begins to flatten out towards the tip. Slightly wider than the second longest one. The ferrule is either brass or bronze with twisted rope design. The blade has a very black patina.

These belong together so I am offering them as a group. Asking price is $1200 for the 3 plus shipping. If you are an international buyer, let's discuss shipping options before proceeding.

I am going to post a group shot and then some individual shots. Either PM or e-mail me at rsword007@aol.com if you have any questions or are interested.
Attached Images

RSWORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 10:11 PM   #2
RSWORD

The 3 spears have been sold. Thank you for your interest.
RSWORD is offline   Reply With Quote