Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum

Old 17th September 2006, 08:44 AM   #1
ErnestoJuan

Default Order The Yathagan Collection in the Croatian History Museum catalogue.

Dear all,

Recently I have exchanged emails with Dora Boskovic, curator of the Cold Steel Collection of the Croatian History Museum in Zagreb. I noticed on the site of the museum the exhibition "Yatagans from the Croatian History Museum" and inquired if the museum directly sells catalogues of this exhibition after having viewed a damaged second hand one on ebay.

They do and Dora stated that she would be delighted to sell this catalogues to us, being people interested in antique edged weapons. The detils of the catalogue as well as how to order are below.

Here is the English version of the website of the museum: http://www.hismus.hr/index.htm

NB I will not be held responsible for your orders etc as I only provide this information as a " tip".

NB For me - living in The Netherlands - the catalogue including shipping costs 30 Euro's. I can imagine shipping costs to for example the US being higher so please ask Dora the total amount before you make any payment.

Ernst.

From Dora:

The catalogue accompanying the Yatagan exhibition is in his first part bilingual – i. e. in Croatian and in English (p. 6 – 71: 1. Introduction; 2. Definition; 3. Provenance and Application – 3. 1. Model in Janissaries, 3. 2. Indigenous elements and the acceptance of the Ottoman style, 3. 3. The inroads of Ottoman influences in areas neighbouring on Bosnia and Herzegovina, 3. 4. The use of yatagan in regular armies; 4. Dating; 5. Workmanship; 6. The Yatagan Collection of the Croatian History Museum; 7. Conclusion). I am sorry that the second part with the description and translation of the inscriptions on yatagans is not in English as well, but, you as you may know, Museum are always short in their funds! I'll try to do my best and publish the photos and the description of yatagans in English and German on the Internet. I am planning to do that in the next year, and until then you can buy our Catalogue (the prize is 30 Euro – mailing expenses incl.)

Best regards

Dora Boskovic

The Edged Weapons Collection of the Croatian History Museum

Matoseva 9

10000 Zagreb

From Dora:

To be completely truthful, our Museum does not make any great profit in selling the catalogues - we are covering our costs. That’s the policy of our Museum and according the situation in Croatian Museology, I think that is the best solution. In those 30 Euro all expenses are included. But we would be very obliged if you would be so kind to advertise our Catalogue! Our e-mail addresses are hismus@hismus.hr, tajnistvo@hismus.hr or my address d.boskovic@hismus.hr.

To buy the Catalogue, please make a bank payment through “Privredna banka Zagreb, Zagreb SWIFT PBZGHR2X, in favour of Hrvatski povijesni muzej, Matoseva 9, Zagreb, Account Nr. 7020-978-9182800-132344-786, for the Catalogue The Yathagan Collection in the Croatian History Museum. According to our house rules the amount has to be paid in advance! Sorry for that inconvenience, but I can’t have any influence on that!

Last edited by ErnestoJuan; 17th September 2006 at 09:02 AM.
ErnestoJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 06:27 PM   #2
Battara
EAAF Staff

Mil Gracias Ernesto.
Battara is offline   Reply With Quote