Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th January 2005, 01:59 PM   #1
Justin

Default dha keris talibon and choora for sale

First off,I took what I wanted for these knives and added 5-6 bucks for shipping and insurance for contiguous USA so shipping is included{except for outside 48 states},secondly I like selling stuff to other forum members because it I feel this is a much more friendly and honorable group of people than youll find on ebay or else where,so if any of these sell and you have a problem with your knife keep in mind Im just a fellow collector and will understand,the bottom line is if you want your money back,or want to pay using a check,feel free.
Attached Images

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 02:14 PM   #2
Justin

Well it would appear that my pics are too large to upload and I havent a clue as to how to downsize them so please emasil me for pics if interested {mastergandolf@aol.com}.
1.late 19th century talibon,{pic is up}horn hilt,stainless ferrule{later add on}blade is 16.25in long and oa it measures:20in $80.00

2.Dha short sword,wood handle and sheath bound with rattan,Id say early 20th century,possibly late 19th blade 12.25in,oa in sheath 23.5in,with out sheath 21in.-$115.00

3.Really really old javanese keris 17th or 18th century?brass covered gayaman{top sheath sampir? is cracked but could be broken and reglued} typical wooden javanese hiltblade is very thing and ganja is very loose but I honestly think this thing is 300 or so years old so it comes with its age.blade is 12.5in long and oa it measures 16.75in.-$130.00

4.Wooden choora scabbard,no leather covering on it just wood,measures 12in long,would accomodate a choora just a little bigger than mine which measures 13in oa,blade is 8.25in long and 1.5in wide at base.,mine fits ok in it but the scabbard seems to be made for a slightly larger knife.-$30.00

sorry for lack of pics,I have them and can email them if you are interested in anything,Im willing to entertain counter offers as well for either trades or money but Id rather just go ahead and sell them.
Old 26th January 2005, 02:31 PM   #3
Justin

Ooops,forgot one,theres also and old dha blade from the early to mid 20th century nothing special but a nice forged blade,great for turning into a practice sword.blade is 23in long and tang is 3.5in long-$30.00
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin; 26th January 2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 27th January 2005, 03:14 AM   #4
tom hyle

I'm interested in the dha blade. Did you get my email?
tom hyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2005, 04:10 PM   #5
Justin

keris and dha blade sold
Old 2nd February 2005, 04:33 AM   #6
tom hyle

I got the dha blade today, Thanks. You didn't mention the engraving and inlay; bonus!
Old 2nd February 2005, 04:48 AM   #7
Andrew

Tom, I'm very interested to see what you do with this blade. Are you considering mounting it?
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 01:11 PM   #8
tom hyle

Yes, definitely. Any regional ID, commentary, or advice are welcome.
Old 2nd February 2005, 07:56 PM   #9
Justin

Dha,talibon,and choora scabbard now on ebay.My ebay username is 'Mastergandolf'.

Im glad you're pleased with your dha blade Tom,I seem to be coming across more and more dha all the time.