Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th March 2010, 12:20 PM   #1
dralin23

Default indian zaghnal and kirach

hi all,
i will sell an good indian zaghnal war hammer and an tulwar hilted kirach.

i think the zaghnal is from the 19.th.ct. and in an realy good condition.
it is an heavy and strong weapon an from all steel. at the blade and the hilt you can find traces from the old original silver koftgari. the lions at thwe blade are from brass.
you can find exactly the same pattern from zaghnal in the book islamic weapons from a.c.tirri, an other similar zaghnal was last year sold by herrmann historica in munich ( for a lot of money..). the only different to my zaghnal is, at the hammer was mounted an spike. the other features are complete similar the these offered weapon.
at my zaghnal is in the center of the hammer an small drilled hole. i think 3-4mm in diameter. i dont know the purpose of the hole. maybe there was also fixed an spike, but i couldn´t believe it. it is to small to fixed such an heavy spike. an screw must be broke by the first stroke with such an weapon.
if you have some questions please ask ore if you would like see some additional pictures so let me know it.
price: 370 € + shipping

the sword is straight bladed. ( in kow an kirach is slightly re curved, but i found no where else an similar sword, only at the web site from oriental arms -sold weapons-kirash)there is an nearby similar sword only the point is different. the blade is 73cm long, 0,7cm strong before the hilt and 3,7cm wide. it is an realy strong blade but also good and flexible. before the hilt you can see traces from the old original gold koftgari. the blade is single edged with an 17cm false back edged and from steel( not wootz) and i think in the shape in the original condition and shape. the cutting edge are in an very clear shape ( not re-shaped). the hilt is from tulwar shape and i think in the origin from rajasthan.
these sword is in an realy good health condition. no rust no pittings only very few small kniks at the edge.
price : 290€ + shipping
you have some questions please ask me!!
Attached Images

dralin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 05:58 PM   #2
dralin23

if someone intrested..., i´m open for real offers,
Old 10th March 2010, 07:27 PM   #3
dralin23

no one intrested??