Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:32 PM   #1
Tim Simmons

Question Any Amazon collectors?

Are there any collectors of Peruvian or Brazilian Amazon Indian weapons? If so I would like your opinions please.

For many years I have wanted a club or should I say clubs from this region. I am not really talking about "Antique" though yes we all want as old as we can get. I have seen on TV recently contacted people with clubs but cannot find publications on the subject or stuff on the net. I have a book on feather work

I have recently bought from a USA internet " Tribal art" trader, this club. Which was not a great sum of money so I do not expect too much. He assures me it is genuine, collected himself and says it is older as these things go

It has yet to arrive. I can show clubs of the same size approx 23inches long, like the two East African examples I show here. The club is also the same approx width as the Trobriand island/Massim club, 3inches. The seller says it is 3/4 inch thick which is a touch more than the sword club.

If you have any information on this club and weapons from the region please do not hold back. The Amazon club is on the black background.
Attached Images

Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote