Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th May 2006, 08:48 PM   #14
IainN

To echo Tim, I also am not a fan of the computer displays in galleries. I find they tend to jam traffic and usually are dominated by small children who insist on playing the same sound effect over and over and over... Of course it would be possible to develop computer displays that are more information oriented and less "noise and blinking lights".

The other suggestion would be to maybe have a station where visitors could handle replica artifacts (previously discussed I know), some museums use volunteers to man these stations to reduce the chance of mishap from someone getting clonked on the head by a blunt. I remember one museum I visited a long time ago in Scotland where they had a room devoted to costumes and weapons you could handle. There was allot of space. If possible I think this is important because some museums seem to put in such replica displays as an afterthought and it tends to be very crowded around a small area.
IainN is offline   Reply With Quote