Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 20th July 2019, 11:37 PM   #1
Speedracer77

Default Need to Translate , Farsi & Urdu

Hello all , I ve been a long time lurker on these forums and have gained considerable knowledge to assist me in my pursuit of collecting arms and armor. As this my first post a bit of about myself , I m a Canadian who collects antique stuff from India mostly concentrating from the Northern Region of tbe subcontinent.

Ive recently acquired a 19th century tulwar and wanted some help from any of the members here cuz I h e been getting different answers from diff ppl that I have approached. The first line is in Farsi (Persian/Iran) and I believe the 2nd line is in Urdu ?.
Speedracer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 04:36 PM   #2
Miguel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer77
Hello all , I ve been a long time lurker on these forums and have gained considerable knowledge to assist me in my pursuit of collecting arms and armor. As this my first post a bit of about myself , I m a Canadian who collects antique stuff from India mostly concentrating from the Northern Region of tbe subcontinent.

Ive recently acquired a 19th century tulwar and wanted some help from any of the members here cuz I h e been getting different answers from diff ppl that I have approached. The first line is in Farsi (Persian/Iran) and I believe the 2nd line is in Urdu ?.
You need to provide photos of the complete weapon and of the script you require to be translated, if possible, by one of the more knowledgable members of the forum.
Regards Miguel
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 05:36 PM   #3
Speedracer77

Sorry about that, tech issue but here are the pics
Old 21st July 2019, 05:59 PM   #4
Lee
EAAF Staff

... or not.

Please check these instructions

The text in the window also explains image size restrictions.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 07:33 AM   #5
Speedracer77

Sorry file size was too big, ,but here are the pics would appreiciate any comments/discussion on this
Attached Images

Last edited by Speedracer77; 23rd July 2019 at 03:21 AM.
Old 28th July 2019, 07:30 AM   #6
Speedracer77

So I have been told that the inscription in the first picture says "BAHADUR SHAH GHAZI MARHOON SAYA KHUDA" = Bahadur Shah being the person who was a "Ghazi" perished and now rest with God.

Now if I can only find out what the second inscription is and apparently both are written in Farsi which used to be the "Court' language" during mughal times.