Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum

Old 25th June 2005, 08:16 PM   #1
erlikhan

Default Silver Osethian Kindjal

Silver scabbarded kindjal signed "Osman" . Silver hallmarked. 47 cm overall length. Blade in excellent cond. , no rust or pitting. Silver with beautifully chiselled and nielloed decoration . Note there is a tiny tear of 2 cms length to the rear edge of the pommel. A nice sample of Osman's works.

Price : 830 $ including paypal commission + Fedex shipment from Turkey (something like 25-30 $) . if you prefer so, you can transfer 800 $ to my bank account in USA instead of paypal.

pls send me message or mail ertapanm@yahoo.com

regards
Attached Images

Last edited by erlikhan; 25th June 2005 at 09:02 PM.
erlikhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2005, 08:49 PM   #2
Rivkin

I'm terribly sorry, but in my opinion: Osman Omarov (and it's a typical Osman's work, with his signature and sings (two eagle like stamps)) is an osethian company, quite a well known one, that had about 20-30 masters, worked mostly for russians, specifically for Cuban Cossacks.
Word "Kavkaz" on the back of the scabbard confirms that the buyer was most likely a russian. Silverwork is also a little bit osethian.

Hope to be corrected if I'm wrong (I did not use any books while writing this message).
Rivkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2005, 08:53 PM   #3
erlikhan

Really? I knew he had a big workshop but mistake in location . I knew it as Daghestan, from where i knew so, i dont really remember . Yours must be healthier, as I dont have deep technical knowledge about Caucassian kindjals.
thank you very much. i correct it now.

Last edited by erlikhan; 25th June 2005 at 09:14 PM.
erlikhan is offline   Reply With Quote