Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th November 2013, 12:01 AM   #1
twdroppoint2

Default Don't know what this Philippine weapon handle is ...

Was hoping someone would know ... I previously had a small collection of turn of the century Philippine weapons (Igorot): a fal-feg spear, a kay-yan spear, and a poison dart quiver. I have since sold them off ... but amongst that collection was an item I never could identify, even after asking a few friends who may have known what it was. Our guess was that it was an axe handle of some sort ... but I seriously doubt it, as I don't see how it could support an axe head without coming off easily, and it doesn't resemble other axe handles from that region/time period as the other collectibles.

I'm assuming this is from the same region/time frame. It's just under 16 inches long, weighs less than 1.5 pounds. The metal ring that fits over the notch is is somewhat snug, but comes off with medium force. There are no sharp points on it at all, the end is blunt and thick:

Any help identifying this would be greatly appreciated. I would like to solve the mystery. Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Last edited by Robert; 28th November 2013 at 03:34 AM.
twdroppoint2 is offline   Reply With Quote