Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd December 2022, 01:23 AM   #1
Green

Default New Keris exhibition in Malaysia

There is at present a good exhibition of Keris in Malaysia

Keris:Power and Identity
From the collection of HRH Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah al Haj and Islamic Art Museum of Malaysia
2 December 22 - 13 March 2023.

The exhibition is accompanied by a good hard cover catalogue, the best keris book that came out of Malaysia that I've seen so far. Probably you can order this book from the museum (info attached in the pics).

One criticism that I have is that I wish they include a chapter on the history and background of the Sultan's collection .

If any of you are in Malaysia around this time, it is highly recommended to pay a visit.

Note: This is my personal view and I'm not involved in any way with this exhibition.
Attached Images

Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2022, 08:57 AM   #2
Jean

Thank you Green, it looks very interesting indeed as it covers all types of krisses from the Malay World, I will try to get a copy but it may not be easy from Malaysia...
Regards
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2022, 10:45 AM   #3
GIO

I got in touch with the Museum shop and obtained a quotation (shipping fees are very high). The price is in RM and I do not know if the bank would accept to make a money transfer in this currency, therefore I asked for a proforma invoice in USdollars or Euro, but it seems they have some problems.
I believe they are not familiar with international shipping.
GIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2022, 01:40 PM   #4
Green

GIO;

I'm not sure what the banking issue is, but from my experience one can transfer money in any currency via wire transfer or paypal.
Old 11th December 2022, 04:38 PM   #5
GIO

Hi, Green,
many thanks for the info: I am rather ignorant on this issue.
GIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2022, 07:05 PM   #6
David
Keris forum moderator

Gentlemen, i have to remind you that this forum is not a place for commercial discussions. While i appreciate that some of us might be interested in obtaining this book from the museum i must ask that you take your discussions about the hows, wheres and what-fors of that process elsewhere. Thanks!
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2022, 04:18 AM   #7
Green

Many thanks David for this correct reminder.
I did not realize that my aim to inform about the exhibition to fellow Keris enthusiasts here as a form of my appreciation and thanks to people here whom I learn so much from also include info that may constitute commercial discussion on how to get the catalogue.

If the moderator thinks it more appropriate, the thread can be transferred to the keris swap forum.
Old 12th December 2022, 04:55 AM   #8
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Smile

If one of our members can supply a site from which to purchase this book we would be glad to read about it in Keris Swap.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2022, 07:30 AM   #9
Green

The info is already given in one of the pics above. (E mail contact for Islamic Art Museum)
Old 14th December 2022, 02:07 PM   #10
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green View Post
Many thanks David for this correct reminder.
I did not realize that my aim to inform about the exhibition to fellow Keris enthusiasts here as a form of my appreciation and thanks to people here whom I learn so much from also include info that may constitute commercial discussion on how to get the catalogue.

If the moderator thinks it more appropriate, the thread can be transferred to the keris swap forum.
I don't think the thread itself needs to be moved. It is not so much what you posted as the direction that the discussion began to move towards (i.e. How to obtain the book). I believe we can leave that aspect of this thread behind and keep the discussion on the exhibition and keris and it will be just fine.
David is offline   Reply With Quote