Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th March 2011, 04:56 AM   #1
Gavin Nugent

Default Any one in San Francisco?

Good people,

Being earthbound in Australia, I wish to know if there is anyone in the San Francisco regions who has some spare time, owns a good digital camera, enjoys edged weapons and can visit a small museum for me.

I need a good set of legs, a keen eye and maybe some good communciation skills to ask the right questions at the museum and a cell phone/iphone so I can call whilst in the museum...

I am happy to cover expenses for anyone who is local.

I ask this request as last year I was supplied with very compelling evidence that the massive Moro Kampilan here was indeed Pershing's.
Under good advice, I need to compare a few provenance details found in this museum as Pershing donated to and addressed or opened this museum in the 1930's....need to check my notes for exactness.

Any friendly external readers who might be able to help but can't contact me through forum pages, please E.mail me at S1@swordsantiqueweapons.com

If I can get traction on this I'll continue a detailed discussion of the Kampilan in this thread and if fruitful in investiagtions, details of how it all came to be with credit where credit is deserved.

Many thanks and fingers crossed.

Gav
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 07:34 AM   #2
laEspadaAncha

I wish I could be of assistance Gav, but I don't think you'd want to incur the logistical costs of getting to San Francisco from San Diego.

On the other hand, if this research is important enough to merit such costs - mainly a $200 intrastate air fare and a one-day car rental - I'd happily set aside a day to fly up there and research this for you.
laEspadaAncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 11:06 AM   #3
Gavin Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by laEspadaAncha
I wish I could be of assistance Gav, but I don't think you'd want to incur the logistical costs of getting to San Francisco from San Diego.

On the other hand, if this research is important enough to merit such costs - mainly a $200 intrastate air fare and a one-day car rental - I'd happily set aside a day to fly up there and research this for you.
Thank you kindly for your offer, it is greatly appreciated!! I'll be in touch if extra funding is released from the minister for war and finance.

Gav
Old 9th March 2011, 03:02 AM   #4
Gavin Nugent

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks for the PMS and mail guys, greatly appreciated. Even international offers from abroad who are travelling to SF

Gav