Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th February 2009, 04:43 AM   #1
Gavin Nugent

Default Weapons for sale

She who must be obeyed wants new bench tops....fair call considering I should have had them 12 months ago and I keep adding to my collection.

Please see the image below for what is available, some pieces I do not want to part with but I have been told so here are some more blades to go...

The top is a WWII japanese bayonet that is an unfinished project of mine, the sheath has been expertly covered in quality roo hide, the hilt has ebony blocks that are all fitted and awaiting final shaping. With a good polish this will come up a treat.

Below that is a very old and very high quality Canary Island knife.

To the left of it is an Albacete dagger.

right top is a Turkish haunting knife and an unusual Yemani influenced tribal dagger.

A Kachin dao, a Burmese dha, a couple of gorgeous circa 1930 Jambiya and a very rare special forces issue garrote with some super nasty razor coiled wire

Email me if interested or PM me

tedsgoldmine@optusnet.com.au

regards

Gav
Attached Images

Last edited by freebooter; 13th February 2009 at 05:34 AM.
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Gavin Nugent

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks again for the amazing amount of interest guys. As there are many questions floating around I will better photograph what is available in a better order with priceing, I will probably have to pass up a few other items I have here too so I can complete the kitchen and keep the broom pilot happy....ooops who said that....that will get back for sure...

Many thanks and check you inboxes, what doesn't sell in the next week will go to ebay to keep the ball rolling, so for now you all have first dibs.

Gav
Old 15th February 2009, 08:52 AM   #3
Gavin Nugent

Default A few to start guys

A few to start, the Turkish knife, 1950/60's at a guess razor sharp and a nice user in the hand, blade and sheath marked Yesil Bursa Yadigari. The Finnish knife, blade and sheath marked J.Marttiini Finland, bought back by a friends father in 1975, both part of a trade deal many years ago, $40USD each or best offer.

The Garrotte came from a WW2 Vet a long time ago, he was present in North Africa from memory and it is a weapon associated with special forces and is quite rare and sinister in it's own right. As I could only take his word on the provenence I have noted this but I also know a lot of Vietnam Veterans and two of them have spoke to me of these used in Vietnam too. Maybe someone a little more versed on the subject can come in on this. Price $150USD or best offer.

I'll have some more images of the Dha and Dao up soon as there has been a great number of you interested in these 2 lots, they were bought for $400 Australian dollars so if there is a reasonable offer for the pair before I repost more images I will consider this. As for individual prices the higher price will lean to the Dao. I do see a similar Dha and dao on ebay at the moment as I am sure you all do too so please do make offers as I have to get this kitchen finished.

regards

Gav
Attached Images

Old 15th February 2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Gavin Nugent

Default Yemeni influenced African tribal knife.

Yemeni influenced African tribal knife.

Images below, $50USD or best offer. Can't really comment much on this one, African in origins I would say but by design, Yemeni influenced.

Thanks

Gav
Attached Images

Old 15th February 2009, 09:34 AM   #5
Gavin Nugent

Default Spanish knives for sale

Canary Island knife, an outstanding and rare example not often found of this quality, razor sharp, beautifully crafted, the bead work on the brass and the horn spacers with brass inlay on the hilt is second to none $100USD or best offer.
Albacete Dagger, quite a nice example of a knife that doesn't turn up very often any more, once considered a plug bayonet by collectors of old but Mr Evans ran that rumour to ground with his publication on plug bayonets.
$65 USD or best offer.

thanks

Gav
Attached Images

Old 15th February 2009, 09:55 AM   #6
Gavin Nugent

Default Nice old Dha

Nice old Burmese Dha, images below, bamboo and rattan, razor sharp blade, good condition overall $100USD or best offer.

thanks

Gav
Attached Images

Old 15th February 2009, 10:35 AM   #7
Gavin Nugent

Default Kachin Dao.

The Kachin Dao, this item has generated a lot of interest so here are some more images and my price is $225 or nearest offer. As found and untouched, clean top side slight surface rust on scabbard side, clearly a forged blade, laminations not present in it's current state, a good clean and etch may reveal some of the forging marks. Some geometric patterns present on both side of the scabbard and beautiful fine rattan weaving present to the sling and scabbard bindings. Overall a nice and seldom seen piece.

Thanks for your interest and best of luck.

Gav
Attached Images

Old 15th February 2009, 10:56 AM   #8
Gavin Nugent

Default The Jambiyas

The Jambiyas, very fine old Jambiyas from Oman. Great patina on the silver, horn hilts, the rings and buckles all appear to be hand forged, just lovely overall, I certainly didn't want to part with them but she who must be obeyed has to be obeyed and I do not wih to part with my Chinese pieces so something has gotta give, my loss you gain they say in the classics. Maybe I have won lotto and haven't been told, then I wont have to part with them...
Despite my initial thoughts on pricing and what they do sell for on some websites I will only ask $275USD or best offer for each for these.

Images below.

thanks again for the interest I have received via email thus far.

Gav
Attached Images

Old 15th February 2009, 11:14 AM   #9
Gavin Nugent

Default Custom knife in the making

A WWII japanese bayonet found without hilt fittings, armourers marks clearly present, now nearly a complete custom knife, just awaiting your finishing touches, all the hard wrok has been done, scabbard covered in roo skin, ebony slabs cut to fill every part of the hilt, just a polish and fitment of these pieces and you'll have a unique custom creation, offer a price...

Secondly a suspension chain from a French cavalry or Artillery sword, I would imagine a very hard to find piece to complete a sword or uniform.
$65USD or best offer.

Gav
Attached Images

Old 15th February 2009, 11:15 AM   #10
Flavio

PM sent for the kachin Dao
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 08:44 PM   #11
Gavin Nugent

Default On hold pending payment

Thanks for your interest guys, a reasonable offer made on the Dah, Dao and Turkish knife so they are on hold pending payment.
Oh and Jim, if you read this I can't PM you as your mailbox is full, the paypal address is the tedsgoldmine@optusnet.com.au

thanks

Gav

Last edited by freebooter; 15th February 2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 16th February 2009, 10:01 AM   #12
Gavin Nugent

Default Thanks again guys

Thanks again guys,

I am glad I can help fill a few holes in collections, the Canary Island knife and Albacete knife now on hold pending payment.

Thanks

Gav
Old 17th February 2009, 01:54 AM   #13
Gavin Nugent

Default Help please.

Thanks Dao, Dha and Turkish knife sold with thanks.

I have an interested party who wants to secure the Garrotte but does not have paypal available. He is a member here and lives in Europe. The problem lays in wanting to pay me with a cheque, which is fine but I get slugged back fees, conversion fees and it can take upto 30days to clear with Australian banks. Is there anyone within the European union with paypal who could receive a cheque from this forumite then pay me via paypal the amount needed.

regards

Gavin

PS Jambiyas now $250 each or best offer.
Old 20th February 2009, 12:57 PM   #14
Gavin Nugent

Default Others now sold

Canary and Albacete sold thanks guys.

Dha, dao, turkish knife, Canary Island knife and Albacete have been mailed too guys.

Jambiyas, the other knives, garrotte (although there is an offer that hasn't been followed up) are all still available. Hit me with a price and see what becomes of it, gotta get these bench tops for the boss!!!

My Tibetan sword is also on offer too, 1800-1850, made for a left handed user, great condition for the age, nice laminations, broad sturdy blade, very rare pommel shape. Contact me for images.

tedsgoldmine@optusnet.com.au

Thanks

Gav
Old 22nd February 2009, 08:28 AM   #15
Gavin Nugent

Default Offers?

Any further offers guys, I'd rather save the hassles of feeding the Ebay corporation;

Garrotte $125 including free worldwide airmail, although I am sure it would do very well on ebay, this is simply a very very rare piece of military special forces kit.

The Japanese Bayonet and the Yemani influenced dagger/Jambiya $40 for the pair plus postage, I'll pickup the paypal fees.

The Finnish knife will go to my eldest if there is no interest at $40

The early French scabbard suspension chain $60 including postage, I will again pick up the paypal fees.

The wonderful Jambiyas would normally sell everyday for $300-395USD on other websites, $250 each or the pair for $450. For the pair I will include free worldwide postage and split the paypal fees.

Tibetan sword, $450, free worldwide postage and I'll spilt the paypal fees.

Thanks

Gav
Old 23rd February 2009, 04:03 PM   #16
VANDOO
(deceased)

Smile

Hi Gav YOU HAVE A PM AS MY EMAIL DIDN'T GET THRU
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 06:46 AM   #17
Gavin Nugent

Default Garrotte now sold

After a number of offers, the Garrotte has gone.

Thanks for your business thus far.

This posting has run is course, I will post another swap forum listing shortly which will include the Jambiyas and other bits, a few other unusual swords and I also intend to pass on my Tibetan & Chinese collection before long, I may include a couple of pieces shortly in the upcoming posting.

Thanks again.

Gav
Old 1st March 2009, 05:51 AM   #18
Gavin Nugent

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks guys,

All gone except for the French scabbard chain.
The Jambiya's now gone to a good home. Still not quite enough in the kitty to complete the home project so I will offer a couple more pieces this week.

thanks

Gav
Old 4th March 2009, 07:58 PM   #19
carlos

Default Thanks!!

I have received the knives!!
Thanks for all!!
Carlos
carlos is offline   Reply With Quote