Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th October 2009, 05:22 PM   #1
Andy Stevens

Default Takouba and long dagger for sale

Hello folks, unfortunately I'm having to clear a few things out, these two old warhorses are the first to go! They came from a french market about four years ago and to my humble eye are the real thing, not the shiny modern tourist stuff, they certainly have age and I would say date from the early 20c. The Takouba has a very nice patina to the iron cross guard, which is a little loose, but could be tightened up I'm sure. The blade is good and sturdy, could be european, there is old rust marking but no major pitting or weakness. The scabbard is damaged and missing it's end piece. Blade length 81cm

The smaller short sword or arm dagger?? is a nice piece also, shares the same ageing as the big sword and shows signs of use, the blade being indented with what look like blade cuts. The hilt is leather covered and topeed with an iron blade that is pin work decoration. The blade has a central rib near the hilt. I'd say that the two weapons once belonged to the same owner. The scabbard is damaged and pretty poor. Blade length 43cm

Two old, well worn and genuine swords. I'm asking £100 for the pair, will ship worldwide. Paypall payment prefered. For more pictures please email.
Attached Images

Andy Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Andy Stevens

I'm gonna drop the price a bit, these are nice old weapons and if no offers, they will be going into a local auction. The pair are now £85, or £40 for the short sword, £45 the longer. They came as pair, the shorter bound to the scabbard of the Takouba. Andy
Old 19th October 2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Andy Stevens

Short sword sold.
Old 26th October 2009, 07:56 PM   #4
Andy Stevens

Takouba sold.