Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st April 2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Spunjer

Exclamation Krazy Kris Krosses

hello all,

here's a moro kris i find rather unusual. engraved on both sides are symbols i haven't seen on any moro swords. the closest i've ever seen these designs are on european swords, reason i'm posting this here. actually the more i look at it, the more i think the blade itself was of european origin.
regarding the blade:
it has a total of five flukes (two upper and three lower) on each side of the blade. also, a shallow fuller runs for about two-thirds of its total length.
as far as the symbols, here is how it's arranged:
both sides has seven crosses that reminds me of templar design. in-between these "templar" crosses are smaller crosses that is similar to a shuriken in design. after the fourth templar cross (counting from the handle, on both sides), there are some unusual figures that reminds me of masonic origin. one of these figures looks like an architect's compass, and also, there's an arrowhead looking thing with a cross inside. in the world of moro weapons, there are similar type of figures (arrowhead), but in moro weapons tradition, these figures point out, as in the sharp point of the arrowhead points toward the tip of the blade.; NEVER towards the handle. on this one, well, it seeks like it bucked the system.
anyone familiar with this marks? if this was indeed a european blade at one point, what country would it originally came from, and from what type of sword? also, what would be the age of the sword?
Attached Images

Spunjer is offline   Reply With Quote