Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th March 2005, 04:36 AM   #1
knife7knut

Default Miniature keris and jambiyas

These are some pins that I acquired many years go mainly because they were knife-related. I don't believe they are particularly valuable but rather unique.I offer them up for your viewing pleasure and comment.
The first is a silver(.900)keris pin that has some pretty amazing detail considering it is barely more than 2"(50mm)long.Sorry for the lousy pics but my camera doesn't do closeups very well. Strangely enough the detail work in the handle and scabbard is very reminiscent of a cross I bought that was made in Mexico.
The next is what I believe to be a silver(unmarked)jambiya that has an inscription on the blade which may or may not be a silver hallmark.Looks to be two cyphers.Again some very nice detail work.
The third is a pin that is all one piece;the knife and the shield.It may or may not be a jambiya and there are no marks whatsoever on it.
The last is a gold plated jambiya marked Spain.It looks to be of fairly recent manufacture and although not as detailed as the others,nevertheless is kind of a neat piece.
I'll try and post the closeup of the cyphers on the silver jambiya and hope someone might know what it says.Thanks for your patience.
Cheers
Ray
Attached Images

knife7knut is offline   Reply With Quote