Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th August 2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Lee
EAAF Staff

Unhappy Registration Procedure Change (revised)

I regret to announce that a recent sharp increase in registrations by persons desiring to post inappropriate material (political and commercial spam) has necessitated a change to 'moderated' registrations.

This means, essentially, that when new members post, their post will be placed in a queue to be reviewed by the moderator's team before the post becomes viewable.

I am sorry about the delay this will impose for those newly joining our community. Once a pattern of relevant posting is recognized, this limitation will be cleared. Also, please do not be offended if you receive an private email from a moderator with a few questions about your location and interests.

It is in all of our interests to minimize the amount of spam that gets posted and wastes our time.

Last edited by Lee; 18th August 2006 at 07:45 PM.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2006, 05:27 PM   #2
ariel

If we manage to tolerate heightened airport security, we will survive additional Forum screening as well.
Better a minute of answering boring questions than hours of irritation later on.
Mr. President, you have my support!!
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2006, 09:13 PM   #3
Mark

Smile

Thanks for your support, Ariel. We do feel a bit like we are foiling a vast spamming conspiracy. You've only seen the tip of the iceberg in terms of spammers. We've banned about a dozen in the last couple weeks before they could post, and probably blocked a few dozen more from joining by putting some invisible restrictions on the joining process itself (I can't reveal how we caught them, as that would jeapordize our on-going anti-spammer program ).
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 12:22 AM   #4
Aurangzeb

You definatley have my support! It's really a shame about people joining just to spam and stir trouble.

Mark...
Aurangzeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 06:57 PM   #5
Battara
EAAF Staff

With all the inappropriate and offensive idiots that have posted here, I welcome the change. Oh wait....do I get banned for what I just said?
Battara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 07:41 PM   #6
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battara
With all the inappropriate and offensive idiots that have posted here, I welcome the change. Oh wait....do I get banned for what I just said?
Too late ... you're already in the door ...
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2006, 10:14 PM   #7
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battara
fernando is online now   Reply With Quote