Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > History of Steel Working Group
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th November 2005, 08:35 PM   #1
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Smile Mission Statement

I'm here .
Anyone else who wants to feel free to check in on this thread .
Old 15th November 2005, 11:47 PM   #2
Antonio Cejunior

Default Checking in as well

Hi Rick and everyone else.

This is wonderful as EEWS shows their trust on our commitment and is committed as well, thank you.
Further to Andrew's sticky, here's my Mission Statementthat complements Mark's. Both should be read carefully.

On the other hand let me inform you that the new contributions are already uploaded herewith full information.
We are putting our money where our mouth is.
It is a wonderful sign of trust by EEWS and we believe our effort with the Masters of Fire Exhibition speaks about our committment.

Look forward for your contribution.

Thanks

Antonio

Last edited by Mark Bowditch; 16th November 2005 at 01:16 PM. Reason: It's [i]my[/i] welcome :)
Old 15th November 2005, 11:57 PM   #3
Bill

Hi Rick, Reading briefly, I see that 35 pieces are being sought. Is there a breakdown for Luzon, Visayas, and the South; as well as what type of each sword? Thanks
Old 16th November 2005, 12:17 AM   #4
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Hi Rick, Reading briefly, I see that 35 pieces are being sought. Is there a breakdown for Luzon, Visayas, and the South; as well as what type of each sword? Thanks
Hi Bill,

Allow me to provide you with an answer as close as possible.
1. Yes, it is about 35 pieces but we can see more and then make a virtual selection.
2. My suggestion is that contribution should be as follows:
a. Sword Type
b. Area of provenance
c. Estimated date of making.

In other words, it is a unique occasion to show, (say) a broad spectrum of a Kris or a Bolo from the North to the South or vice-versa.

Bearing this in mind, and thinking about it in practical terms, we can only have this known if collectors come forward and email me their pieces with descriptions after they see what exists and what is missing and can be filled
Thank you.

Antonio
Exhibition Coordinator
Macao Museum of Art

Last edited by Antonio Cejunior; 16th November 2005 at 03:48 AM.
Old 16th November 2005, 02:14 PM   #5
Andrew

Hi guys. Just checking in.

As you all know, I'm only a spectator regarding PI weapons, so I'm available for administrative assistance, if needed.
Old 16th November 2005, 06:46 PM   #6
Battara
EAAF Staff

I was one of the original contributors before things fell apart. I guess we are starting from scratch all over again.
Old 16th November 2005, 06:56 PM   #7
Antonio Cejunior

Hi Battara,

Good to see you. We're sort of starting from scratch. I have the old page untouched. Only changed the url. Sometimes it is better to prune the past and just check in again
I can assure we all, EEWS and the Museum, looks forward for everyone's contribution.
Will go back to sleep. It is 2:55 AM.
Old 16th November 2005, 07:38 PM   #8
Mark

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battara
I was one of the original contributors before things fell apart. I guess we are starting from scratch all over again.
Work is never entirely lost, Jose. Even if it seems to be thrown out, the experience makes the next round of planning easier.

I encourage you all to start raining on Antonio and me pictures of stuff that you would like to show to the world to teach them about this thing that you love. Or at the least start raining more questions. If there is any uncertainty out there, either in what is needed or how it will be done, bring it up (here, by PM, or by e-mail), as I am sure you are not alone. The sooner you all start piling the clay on the wheel, the sooner the pot will be finished.

Starting discussion on your individual ideas about content and structure in a more general sense even before the candidate pieces start accumulating will be invaluable. Throw out list of what you think needs to be represented or taught (Moro, Bontoc ... Luzan, Mindanao ... working, fighting,ceremonial ... kris, kampilan, mandau, head axes ... use, manufacture, materials, import, export ... whatever), or how the material might be broken down and organized. You are the ones with the knowledge and expertise, so don't be shy. If this is going to work you all need to jump right in (and on the other hand, also need to be open and tolerant of each other's views, suggestions and opinions).

Remember that this forum, and what you do and say amongst yourselves, is 100% confidential and known only to you the contributors, and to Antonio, Lee Jones, Andrew, Ian and myself (even the existance of the forum, and the fact of your respective involvements at this point). Nothing leaves the family, so please speak freely even if it is something off of the top of your head or a crazy idea. Heck, I suggested to Antonio about three days ago that the Section be expanded to cover Malaysia and Indonesia. Needless to say, the idea flew in much the same way that bricks don't (to paraphrase Douglass Adams).

Rock and Roll! Release the hounds! Once more into the breach! One, two! one, two! And through and through, the vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
Old 17th November 2005, 01:14 AM   #9
Antonio Cejunior

Default Further: What was uploaded in the Past

Hi All,

Whether you are a new contributor or a a present one, this is what was put up from the recent past after this has been pruned. I am almost sure I did not make any mistake.
Clich hereto view. Now we must obtain these contributors confirmation as well other contributions they might have. As they confirm, I will pass the pictures and information to the present page .
Both have back ups with insurance.
Let us not use the cloths shown and just concentrate on the weapons and photographs now.
This exhibition will go down in History in a book's form and will be a source of consultation for years to come. We all need to have this historical vision gentleman. Like I always say: cooperation is much better than confrontation

Than you all.
Antonio