Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 13th February 2017, 03:18 PM   #31
mross

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinist
Found it http://astalo.deviantart.com/art/My-precious-281649270 An artist on Deviant Art made it for himself supposedly. Ians comment made me curious and I was sure he was right and we were all fooled so I did a reverse google image search and this piece has appeared on seemingly thousands of sites mostly about gamers and zomby apocalypses

Looking at his gallery is jawdropping http://ugo-serrano.deviantart.com/gallery/
Great detective work, he has some serious skills.
mross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 04:10 PM   #32
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

It appears that the various opinions were diverse but also converging in that this is a fantasy ... at least in its broad sense.
In a way i can see Ian's approach on the shadows issue. Not that it defines that the objects are not real (You David, know far enough about photography to judge it) but, there are tricks about this presentation. The encounter of both sword and scabbard tips look as if the picture of both was not simultaneous; giving 'logic' to the 'ilogic' of showing them in opposite positions, something a person familiar with weaponry would not basicaly do ... nor fabricating the sword guard in a position 'ilogic' to be drawn from its scabbard.
Surely this type of implements is not within the scope of our forums but, now and then, a digestive brain storm means no harm .

Attached Images

Last edited by fernando; 13th February 2017 at 04:58 PM.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 04:12 PM   #33
machinist

David, I used google reverse image search. After reading Ian's comment I really thought the pic had a "painted" look to it and we might just be looking at a skillfully created picture, perhaps digitally enhanced, instead of a skillfully created sword and that prompted me to take a look.

Last edited by machinist; 13th February 2017 at 04:28 PM.
machinist is offline   Reply With Quote