Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th March 2012, 08:08 AM   #1
ALEX

Default The MET Islamic Art Exhibit

In November 2011, New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art reopened its "New Galleries for the Art of the Arab Lands, Turkey, Iran, Central Asia, and Later South Asia." The greatly enlarged, freshly conceived, and completely renovated 15 galleries will house the Metropolitan’s renowned collection of Islamic art—one of the finest and most comprehensive collections of this material in the world.

By highlighting the new exhibit, MET emphasizing America’s respect and appreciation for the Muslim World’s important cultural legacy and promotion of cross-cultural knowledge. An outstanding exhibit with the great message.
Here's a 3 minute highlight: LINK
ALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 09:00 AM   #2
A.alnakkas

Thats very nice, thanks for sharing! I would love to visit soon.

There is an Islamic museum here in Kuwait, known as Tariq Rajab. Will try to go there soon (frankly, the only reason I didnt go is out of laziness now.. lol) and get some pictures.

(To my friends on FB, I have closed it and other social accounts to decrease my addiction! xD)
A.alnakkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 03:28 AM   #3
Sunmit

I had the pleasure of checking this awesome exhibit out. It was definitely a popular one among visitors. Will post pictures soon.
Sunmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 12:55 PM   #4
CharlesS

I had the pleasure of seeing this one over the holidays...some absolutely amazing items, including superb weapons. Even my friend who is not into history or weapons was truly impressed.

Don't forget the South Indian art(painters) exhibit closeby.
CharlesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 07:55 PM   #5
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.alnakkas
Thats very nice, thanks for sharing! I would love to visit soon.

There is an Islamic museum here in Kuwait, known as Tariq Rajab. Will try to go there soon (frankly, the only reason I didnt go is out of laziness now.. lol) and get some pictures.

(To my friends on FB, I have closed it and other social accounts to decrease my addiction! xD)
There is a book called Firearms of the Islamic World by Robert Elgood which features this museum collection. ISBN 1-85043-963-X. Published 1995. Great photos and plenty of text.
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote