Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th February 2024, 10:16 PM   #1
survtech

Default Nicholas-Noël Boutet & Jean LePage

Thank you for admitting me to your portal, my name is Mike Barnett, I am based in Perth, Western Australia. My collecting focus is on French high-art pocket pistols made by the gunmakers to Napoleon and the French Royal Court, specifically pistols made by Nicholas-Noël Boutet and Jean LePage.

I have not always focused exclusively on pocket pistols, so for my first post I will discuss a pair of pistols, commissioned by Napoleon and presented to Mariano Luis d'Urquijo, Spanish first minister for Foreign Affairs who later presented them to José de la Serna e Hinojosa, 1st Count of the Andes and last Viceroy to Peru. (May 1, 1770 – July 6, 1832)

They were passed down by descent to Eugenia de la Rocha y Fontecilla, Marquesa de Angulo great grandmother of the last person to own them before me.

The pistols were sound but on the verge of becoming seriously corroded due to neglect.

I wrote a paper on these pistols with further information, including hidden marks, I'm not sure if links to PDF's are allowed, so I won't link at the moment.
Attached Images

survtech is offline   Reply With Quote