Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum

Old 2nd April 2017, 01:20 PM   #1
GePi

Default Wootz Katar for sale

Hello,

For various reasons I want to reduce the sice of my collection so I decided to try to pass on some of my pieces.
This one is a probably 19th or late 18th century wootz katar, which I purchased from ashokaarts a while ago.

The handle and parts of the blade are decorated in nice gold koftgari, of which I would say about 80% remains.
The blade is incised with deep fullered panels, which show a dark crystalline wootz pattern. The edges are mirror polished and sport eyelash marks on both sides. The point is heavily reinforced.

I think it could be related to this katar presented by Roland in this thread.

Included is a leather covered wooden scabbard, which is quite damaged especially at the tip and of rather simple making, probably a later addition I would say.

I would like 2500€ for it with free shipping inside the EU. I am open to counter offers and also trade if the item in question is small in size .

Cheers

Gernot
Attached Images

Last edited by Robert; 19th November 2017 at 09:30 AM.
GePi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 07:27 PM   #2
GePi

Bump and a price reduction to 2400€ with free shipping inside the EU or shared shipping costs worldwide.
Old 8th October 2017, 11:57 AM   #3
GePi

Another bump and final price drop to 2300€ with free shipping inside the EU or shared shipping costs worldwide.

Alternatively I offer a package deal with the tulwar on offer here with 2550€ for both with free shipping inside the EU or shared shipping costs worldwide.
Old 31st October 2017, 11:53 AM   #4
GePi

Since the tulwar has been sold the package deal is no more.

Asking price is still 2300€ with free shipping inside the EU or shared shipping costs worldwide.
Old 20th January 2018, 10:27 PM   #5
GePi

New year, new deal

Another reluctant price drop to 2200€, with free shipping inside the EU or shared shipping costs worldwide.
Old 4th March 2018, 09:18 AM   #6
GePi

Last price drop to 2100€ with free shipping inside the EU and shared shipping cost worldwide.

I am also still open for trade offers (I am mainly interested in Indopersian daggers of highish quality at the moment).

I will let this offer stand for about another month. If no offers come forward, I will then remove it, and start looking into other options.
Old 20th January 2024, 05:18 PM   #7
GePi

Sold.