Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 18th March 2013, 07:40 PM   #31
AJ1356

Condolences to Lew's family anf friends.
AJ1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 07:43 PM   #32
Atlantia

Hearing this sad and shocking news I just wanted to add my voice to the growing tributes for Lew in the hope that our condolences will be passed to his family and that they will know that beyond the most important roles in his life: of Son, Husband and Father, that his passion for knowledge, understanding and collecting led him to be a part of a global online 'community' where his input was valued and his absence will be noticed and felt, long into the future.

I did not know Lew 'offline' as some of you did. But through our conversations online and from reading his posts here I 'knew him' to be a passionate collector and enthusiastic researcher of our chosen field and while we didn't always agree I found him to be an approachable and straight-talking bloke with no side, who always found the time to share his passion for collecting and enjoy discussing both his 'finds' and those of others.

Rest easy Lew.

Last edited by Atlantia; 18th March 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 11:58 PM   #33
Maurice

Sorry hearing this sad, sad news...
My deeply condolences to Lew's family.

Maurice
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 01:26 AM   #34
CourseEight

So sad, I will very much miss his comments!

I'm so sorry to his friends and family for their loss.
CourseEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 05:36 AM   #35
VANDOO
(deceased)

I had the privlidge to meet Lew at the Timonium shows and shared a few discussions and laughs with him. He will be missed here on the forum as well as by his family and close friends. His knowlege and imput will be missed and often we may think Lew could have answered this question. The forum has served the purpose of recording a lot of that knowlege and has assured that it will be available and not lost.
Its always hard when we lose a member with a love for learning about weapons and collecting them. Lew took knowlege from the forum and also shared his hard earned knowlege freely, thats what the forum is all about.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 08:23 PM   #36
David R

Sorry to see this sad news...condolences to his family.
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 11:31 PM   #37
ariel

I've had the privilege to meet him personally at the Timonium gathering. He was one of the nicest men I've ever met: decent, compassionate, wise and very modest.
I am very sorry.......

My deepest condolences to Lew's family.
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 01:20 AM   #38
Nathaniel

Very sad and shocking news...I read the news a couple days ago and it's taken a few days to process it all...It is hard to believe that such a key contributing member of our forum is now gone. I had the fortune to meet Lew in person once at the seminar in Timonium, MD in 2010..it was a wonderful experience to meet the real people behind the the names and avatar of forum. I will remember Lew in his role as a moderator and his firm yet fair referreeing PMs when I had stepped out of line. I will also remember Lew for the pristine running tiger dha I picked up from him in the swap forum. These memories I share, but more so my thoughts and prayers are with all the friends and family of Lew. I know here on the forum he will be greatly missed, but not forgotten.. Lew's old posts will be a lasting testament of his enthusiasm, knowledge and continued thirst for learning. I think Richard Furrer said it best...I'm sure Lew is sad to have left those behind, but I'm sure he must be having a ball in that heavenly forum above, meeting those who made and used those ethnographic weapons and having some grand old discussions!!! Raising a glass... Here is to you, Lew! Cheers! and Thank you!
Nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 03:06 AM   #39
Dom

R.I.P. Lew, and, condolences to Lew's family

à +

Dom
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 03:48 AM   #40
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

I apparantly missed this thread which was at the top of the page in sticky section, when I posted my note for Lew separately. I join with everyone else here in deep sadness for the loss of him and the notable grief we all share . He was indeed a good guy, and will always remain part of us here, his legacy is the knowledge and spirit he always openly shared.

My deepest condolences to his family.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 10:15 AM   #41
ALEX

I talked to Lew several times and respected him a great deal. He was a Great man indeed and will be remembered and missed by many. I join everyone in my sincere condolences to his family. R.I.P, Lew!
ALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 10:46 AM   #42
Nonoy Tan

Big loss to us all.

Rest in Peace, Lew.
Nonoy Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 01:11 AM   #43
Runjeet Singh

I never knew Lew personally, but still sad to hear.
Rest in Peace.
Runjeet Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 01:28 AM   #44
Nagawarrior

I'll Miss Lew.
So friendly.
We joked in PMs I was the old guy.
Our birthdays were only weeks apart.
1957 was a good year.

Stephen*
Nagawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 01:43 AM   #45
laEspadaAncha

I haven't been lurking or posting much and am just now seeing the banner for the first time...

My condolences to all those who knew him and knew him well, and while I have only ever known him in/from/through the forum, in the forum his presence will forever be missed.

My thoughts and prayers to all his family, friends, and fellow forumites.

R.I.P, Lew...
laEspadaAncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 04:26 AM   #46
Andy Stevens

Such sad and shocking news, the forum will seem somehow empty without lew.
Andy Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 04:44 AM   #47
M ELEY

As a medical profesional that works in both oncology and neurology, I understand the great risks and complications that can arise from surgery. Still, this is a great shock and Lew will be sorely missed here. My condolences to his family.
M ELEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 09:02 AM   #48
Lee
EAAF Staff

Unhappy Farewell Lew

I first met Lew while attending Ashokan bladesmithing seminars throughout the 1990s and early 2000s and I always looked forward to seeing Lew and catching up with him and, of course, seeing a few of his newly acquired pieces. Our next phase of interaction was meeting at the Timonium seminars each year. We could always count on Lew's active participation in the seminar and he shared with us in several presentations and table displays. Reluctantly, I suspect, Lew joined the Moderator Team of these forums a few years back and he proved to be most capable and even-tempered in this service to the collector community. I shall miss him greatly and extend my profound condolences to his wife, son, extended family and close friends.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:06 AM   #49
mrwizard

didn't log in for a week and just saw the sad news...

My condolences to Lew's family and close ones.
mrwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 02:35 PM   #50
Norman McCormick

I've come to view the members of this Forum as a kind of extended family and some I now correspond with on a reasonably regular basis. With this very much in mind I am in total agreement with all the previous sentiments, a valuable member much missed. I extend my personal condolences to his nearest and dearest.
My Sincere Regards,
Norman.
Norman McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote