Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th November 2005, 03:30 AM   #1
Boedhi Adhitya

Thumbs up Congratulation !

I would like to congratulate all keris lovers/devotee in this forum as keris finally enlisted in the Unesco's 3rd Proclamation of Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity which the ceremony was held in Paris on 25 November 2005. I've heard the news on November 26, but since the Unesco's website have not been updated at that time, I kept myself from posting the news until "official on-line evidence" exist

http://www.unesco.org/culture/intang...e/17apa_uk.htm

I would also like to thanks all fellow keris lovers/devotees for your endless passion on studying keris and other ethnographic arms and armour. Those passion are, I believe, very important on preserving those arts.

Once again, congratulation !

Best regards,

Boedhi Adhitya
Boedhi Adhitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2005, 10:34 AM   #2
Mans

Congratulation to all peoples who had passioning and working hard to realization it !!!

All the best,

Mans.
Mans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 02:23 AM   #3
purwacarita

I think it's time we start to seriously think of what we are as people and as a nation since keris itself is not just an icon of culture of adi luhung (the greatest good) but it has been the identity of our people. I hope keris resellers realize that when you sell keris, it is not just ordinary distribution business but you as well have the moral obligation to distribute the idealism and patriotism beared in our culture which is reflected in keris you are selling, mostly when the keris is a true historical artifacts. Though it seems like hopeless wish, as you can read the investigation of Tempo jurnalists reported in October 2005 ed. magazine that keris distribution is a giant network of mobsters, or in every edition of Liberty magazines how keris is treated as a black magic instruments.....

I as one of keris communities, am grateful to Unesco, but I see it more as a challenge than an acknowledgment, to prove to the world that our adi luhung culture is truly as what it is, not of greed capitalism wrapped with lies. It's a big homework after all can't be done by myself alone and could not be delegated only to keris clubs or besalen such as Damartaji, Boworoso Panitikadgo, Paheman Memetri Wesi Aji etc.

Let's prove together that we still have goodness in ourselves. What we are is not just simply judged by what we have -in this case, keris- but also by what we do. Are we going to shine all the time like the sun, though the earth is always rotating and covered with clouds? Though our light is smaller than a candle light?

Congratulations to those who still have idealism and patriotism. Congratulations because keris has made you a satriya.

~Hing ngarso sing tuladha, hing madya mangun karsa, tut wuri handyani
purwacarita is offline   Reply With Quote