Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd March 2011, 03:57 PM   #1
John G

Thumbs up Negrito Double Bladed Walking Stick

New to the forum, this is my first post here to share some pictures of an estate sale I recently went to, and pictures of the items I was lucky enough to get my hands on while there.

Here is a link of the estate sale... Pictures #35, 36, 37, 38 of 144 and #1 of 26.

Lots of amazing pieces here, like the Luzon Shield, the long arrows, spears, Filipino knives, and a walking stick. This collection was so amazing. With the little funds I had to spend, I was able to purchase some items that I will be posting for all to see.

I was able to get in touch with the daughter of the passed owner of the collection and learned the history of many of the pieces shown. This collection was amassed by a high ranking Navy man. Somehow, he was able to use his rank to pull some strings and get this collection shipped. He was able to do this, even though the President of the Philippines did not allow any personal items to leave the country. This included ALL, not just curios or native items. But with the combination of his rank, and the unfortunate events of a volcanic eruption of Mount Pinatubo in 1991, this collection found its way to the U.S. and 20 years would pass before it would be split.

I was able to get 2 pieces, the first being the most amazing of the entire collection.

Here are the pictures of the Negrito/Filipino Double Bladed Walking Stick.

All thoughts, questions, and further clarification/classification will be well received.

Thank you for viewing this thread, and I hope you have enjoyed the pictures.
Attached Images

Last edited by Lew; 24th March 2011 at 03:25 PM.
John G is offline   Reply With Quote