Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd July 2007, 12:47 AM   #1
VANDOO
(deceased)

Thumbs down MORO KRIS

A INTERESTING ITEM JUST ENDED ON EBAY #180140617488 A MORO KRIS IT HAS NO SCABBARD AND THE HANDLE IS SOMETHING THAT IS NOT MORO AND IS POORLY MADE. SO BASICALLY IT IS A KRIS BLADE ONLY I WAS INTERESTED IN IT BECAUSE IT HAS A LOT OF WAVES AND COULD HAVE A NICE HANDLE MADE FOR IT. EVIDENTLY THE PRICE OF MORO KRIS HAS REALLY GONE CRAZY AS IT CLOSED AT $638.00 THAT IS A AWFUL LOT OF MONEY FOR WHAT THEY GOT. I CONSIDERED MY BID TO BE HIGH FOR WHAT IT IS AND PLACED IT 16 SECONDS BEFORE IT CLOSED AND WAS HIGH BIDDER, BUT SEVERAL MYSTERIOUS BIDDERS ESPECIALLY THE ONE WHO WON WITH NO FEEDBACK SEEMED TO LIKE IT BETTER AND ALL HAD SNIPER SOFTWARE. I GUESS THERE IS ONE GOOD REASON FOR SECRET IDENITYS, I WOULD LIKE MY IDENITY TO BE KEPT SECRET IF I PAYED THAT MUCH FOR IT
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 01:18 AM   #2
kai

Hello Barry,

my condolences!

Seems to be a nice Maguindanao blade; those 29 waves were sure to generate some attention...

The blade has some nice lamination - I hope the winner will share pics of the cleaned and etched blade eventually!

Regards,
Kai
kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:41 AM   #3
Bill M

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7488&rd=1&rd=1

The price does seem quite high for what it appears to be.

I was not bidding.

Also appears there are some new Moro collectors buying. The caliber of bidding would indicate that the bidders are, perhaps, some experienced bidders with new names.

Also Bidder 1 "marked" it with an opening bid of $75 and then came back at the last second with a very high bid and won it. Interesting. Have seen this style before.

Always an interesting arena, Philippine weapons -- and collectors.

Hi Panday*Panday . . . . . . . When you are ready, post some pictures of the cleaned up blade and maybe you'll make a new scabbard?
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 11:19 PM   #4
panday

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO
A INTERESTING ITEM JUST ENDED ON EBAY #180140617488 A MORO KRIS IT HAS NO SCABBARD AND THE HANDLE IS SOMETHING THAT IS NOT MORO AND IS POORLY MADE. SO BASICALLY IT IS A KRIS BLADE ONLY I WAS INTERESTED IN IT BECAUSE IT HAS A LOT OF WAVES AND COULD HAVE A NICE HANDLE MADE FOR IT. EVIDENTLY THE PRICE OF MORO KRIS HAS REALLY GONE CRAZY AS IT CLOSED AT $638.00 THAT IS A AWFUL LOT OF MONEY FOR WHAT THEY GOT. I CONSIDERED MY BID TO BE HIGH FOR WHAT IT IS AND PLACED IT 16 SECONDS BEFORE IT CLOSED AND WAS HIGH BIDDER, BUT SEVERAL MYSTERIOUS BIDDERS ESPECIALLY THE ONE WHO WON WITH NO FEEDBACK SEEMED TO LIKE IT BETTER AND ALL HAD SNIPER SOFTWARE. I GUESS THERE IS ONE GOOD REASON FOR SECRET IDENITYS, I WOULD LIKE MY IDENITY TO BE KEPT SECRET IF I PAYED THAT MUCH FOR IT

This is how I chill a cry baby, 19th c pacifier!
Attached Images

panday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 11:37 PM   #5
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by panday

Is that a one luk . . . . I mean one lick, pacifier?
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 11:45 PM   #6
panday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marsh
Is that a one luk . . . . I mean one lick, pacifier?

Dude! that should be more than one luk. Five and a half is more like it, see the riples? that's part of it
panday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 12:55 AM   #7
VANDOO
(deceased)

PANDAY
I APPRECIATE THE OFFER OF THE NICE PACIFIER BUT PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HANG ON TO IT IN CASE YOU FIND SOMEDAY YOU CAN NO LONGER AFFORD TO COLLECT THE THINGS YOU LOVE.
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN CALLED A CRYBABY I DIDN'T EXPECT IT ON THE FORUM.
THANKS YOU HAVE HELPED TO CURB MY DESIRE TO COLLECT OR COMMENT ON MORO ITEMS.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 01:46 AM   #8
Lew
(deceased)

Hi All

I'm with Vandoo. The kris is ok but not worth the huge amont of money it sold for. The prices of our beloved antique weapons are really getting quite out of hand. Soon they will be priced so high that only the Hiltons and the Trumps will be able to afford them. It is a nice kris but in my eyes it was not worth the price the blade is nice but the hilt YUK!

Lew
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 02:03 AM   #9
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Thumbs down

I agree with Lew, and speaking as a member and not a moderator I think the remarks were uncalled for .
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 02:38 AM   #10
Andrew

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by panday

That's actually a Limoges box. Probably late 20th century.

Please keep it civil. I am speaking as a moderator.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote