Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th February 2005, 11:10 AM   #1
UdanMas

Default Keris Udan Mas for comment?

Salam Sejahtera to all.
This is a keris of mine. Kindly comment. This keris is very light. When removed from it's wrangka it made a nice ringing sound.
Attached Images

Last edited by UdanMas; 24th February 2005 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Additional info.
UdanMas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2005, 07:28 PM   #2
DhenTal

Thumbs up Hujan Emas Pamor

hi dear,

I think you have a good kris. I think name of pamor is Hujan Emas or Udan Mas like your name
Estimate the dapor is Tilam Upih with Tikel Ales. Good work from end of 19th CA or early 20th CA period, often called Nom. I like the pamor, looks like made by carefully and good pamor handiwork. So fine and clear. Specially at gonjo. It have a pamor Hujan Emas too. I think too difficult to make a pamor at bottom of gonjo.
The warangka is Ladrang Surakarta. Look so appropriate with the blade.

Congratulation.
DhenTal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2005, 01:55 AM   #3
UdanMas

Default Hujan Emas Pamor

Thanks Denthal,
Most Hujan Emas pamored keris has the background pamor which looks like Wos Utah like mine or Kulit Semangka. Is there any Udan Mas keris which has the background pamor other than these, for instance we have the circles with an adeg background pamor?
Thanks
Old 25th February 2005, 03:34 AM   #4
DhenTal

Yes, you right that most of Hudan Emas pamored has a background which looks like Wos Wutah or Kulit Semangka. But, I think the scratch of pamor looks like a Kulit Semangka. Usually, Hujan Emas just have a mlumah background pamor. It so rare if Hujan Emas with Adeg background, if Hujan Emas with Kelengan blade, I saw at Ensiklopedia Keris.

If I look closer, at the sorsoran has a Tunggak Semi pamored.
Old 25th February 2005, 04:16 AM   #5
UdanMas

Default Tunggak Semi At The Sorsoran ?

Tunggak Semi At The Sorsoran ? Hmmm , I know that the tunggak semi is an irregular shaped layers at the sorsoran but i dunno if this one exactly qualifies as tunggak semi coz' it's too short dont you think?

Attached here is a pics of a keris Sabuk Intan with the pamor tunggak semi (or at least that is what i've been informed ).
Attached Images

Old 25th February 2005, 07:47 AM   #6
DhenTal

Hi Udan Mas, you posted a better and older piece than first posted...

I try to read the book , and find explanations about Gonjo of your Hujan Emas kris. This gonjo have a Pamor Sumber. It have an impressive pamor like Hujan Emas.
I think, Tunggak Semi can be short or longer shaped layers, if I look in literature. Both of yours can be called Tunggak Semi pamored. But, Sabuk Intan have an excellent pamor worksmith. More bright and shiny at the good iron blade. It have a Wulong gonjo, right ?
Old 27th February 2005, 11:35 AM   #7
Mans

Default Keris Dapur Tilam Upih Pamor Uan Mas

Hallo pak Udan Mas

I glad to meet you in this thread.

Perhaps, DhenTal is right, that your Tilam Upih keris has a Pamor Tunggak Semi and the gonjo called Gonjo Sumber. But, many keris like this has a Tunggak Semi.
If the keris have 2 or more pamor, it can be called Dwi Warna or Tri Warna.
But, in common sense, I supposed that your keris just has a 1 pamor, called Udan Mas.
The Tunggak Semi and Ngulit Semongko pamored just a background.

Regards,
Mans
Mans is offline   Reply With Quote