Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 23rd July 2018, 10:01 AM   #1
erlikhan

Default Sending abroad edged weapons

Hi. Which countries in Europe have the most liberal rules about sending out edged weapons abroad? ( just daggers or bayonets. Not necessarily long swords)
(using postal service and/or courier firms like fedex, ups etc.)

Thanks in advance
erlikhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2018, 06:45 PM   #2
Sajen

Hello Erlikhan,

you can send from Germany edged weapons without any problems, smaller blades like daggers/knives with registered letter (until 1 kg) German Post and bigger/longer ones by DHL. When you need more informations you can contact me by pm.

Regards,
Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:59 PM   #3
Jens Nordlunde

Hello Erlikhan,

Do you need to send something abroad??
I once bought a dagger in the US and when it arrived in Germany it was returned - no ivory at all, only silver and steel.
So if you want to send/resieve somethink I would suggest it would have to go through France - and not through Germany.
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2018, 10:30 PM   #4
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
I once bought a dagger in the US and when it arrived in Germany it was returned - no ivory at all, only silver and steel.
So if you want to send/resieve somethink I would suggest it would have to go through France - and not through Germany.
Hello Jens,

at first: Erlikhan has asked about sending and not receiving. Secondly: Also receiving isn't a problem at all, only push daggers and for example butterfly knives get confiscated by german customs as well as knives which don't show that this are knives (pen knives for example). All other blades you can receive in Germany (that's law). Maybe you have had trouble with a katar, this could become a problem (push dagger)!
But I have had once a problem with a sword I've bought from the Philippines and was send via France, the french customs send it back to the Philippines.

I am selling by ebay and never ever have had a problem to send a blade international!

Regards,
Detlef
Old 24th July 2018, 02:06 PM   #5
Jens Nordlunde

Hi Detlef,

Yes you are right. I dont know which country with the most liberal laws, maybe Switzerland.
The dagger in question is the attached.
Regards
Jens
Attached Images

Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2018, 04:45 PM   #6
Jon MB

I was told in a Swiss Post office that no bladed weapons can be sent through Swiss Post overseas.
Jon MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2018, 04:53 PM   #7
mariusgmioc

Default Netherlands

I have sent and received all kind of bladed weapons, including Japanese katanas from/to the Netherlands.

However, some carriers may refuse the shipping of a sword.
mariusgmioc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2018, 04:58 PM   #8
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
Yes you are right. I dont know which country with the most liberal laws, maybe Switzerland.
The dagger in question is the attached.
Hi Jens,

I don't know why german customs return this nice pichangetti, normally it shouldn't be a problem to receive such a knife. But the people at customs are just humans and humans are not free from mistakes.
It's not like this that I never have had trouble with german customs but at end I've received everything what is allowed to receive.

But you can send all daggers, knives and swords without any problem from Germany.

Best,
Detlef
Old 24th July 2018, 05:58 PM   #9
kronckew

I recall a UK TV celebrity who was making a video in Switzerland, he was pulled over by the Swiss police for having a loud exhaust, and proceeded to look over the car, and wrote him a ticket for the exhaust, and never said a word about the loaded MP5 machine pistol on the front seat.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote