Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th March 2005, 05:51 PM   #1
Lew
(deceased)

Default New Toys From Timonium!

Hi Everyone

Now I'm sure many of you saw this nice big Moro kris at the seminar last night but for those other Moro weapons lovers who were not there this is what I picked up at Timonium. It's a very large kris with a 23" blade which is laminated but it's hard to see. The baca baca are copper with some silver on it? The kris also has three nice fullers on the blade which added to it's visual appeal. The other item I picked up was a lovely old Yemen jambiya from Artzi's table. Here are some pictures of my new toys
Attached Images

Last edited by LOUIEBLADES; 20th March 2005 at 08:35 PM.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2005, 08:29 PM   #2
tom hyle

Nice. Thanks for the pics.
tom hyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2005, 05:14 AM   #3
Federico

Interesting gangya with no fretwork. It would appear to have come that way after manufacture, and not to have been filed off after creation (which has been a story I was told to explain other fretless kris). Ive now seen too many of these pop up to think that this was not done without a purpose, though what that purpose may be? Hmm...any ideas? One thing I will note on these fretless gangya'd kris is that the vast majority of the ones Ive seen have been post 1900 Mindanao pieces (well not like its been a whole lot, but out of half a dozen or so). Hmm...mysteries mysteries mysteries.
Federico is offline   Reply With Quote