Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 15th October 2005, 04:51 AM   #1
Antonio Cejunior

Default Masters of Fire Exhibition Online here

Greetings everyone,

Yesterday was the opening of the Masters of Fire Exhibition

Do click on the image to go to the exhibition online. Please note the extensive menu. It will be further updated.

Hope you all will enjoy this first Museum event on Contemporary Smiths.

Very best to all.
Antonio Cejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2005, 07:04 PM   #2
Mark

Thumbs up

I spent some time on the site, and the exhibition is truly impressive. The pieces in the collection exeeded my expectations, in fact. Bravo, Antonio! You are taking orders for the catalogue, are you not?

Well done, my friend.

Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2005, 08:10 PM   #3
Marc

I'm still wading through it, but "extraordinary" just starts to describe it. Not only the exposition is thought-provoking, educational, extremely enjoyable and, why not to say it, very bold in its approach, but the presentation through the website it is truly an "alternative" exposition by itself and represents an excellent use of a communication tool to expand the scope of such an event. Its specific design and layout speaks of the care invested in it so people like us, all over the world, can partake of the immense work put forth by all those involved.
For this, Antonio, many, many thanks to you and all those have made it possible, and my sincere congratulations for what I’m sure is, yet another, success.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2005, 08:32 PM   #4
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bowditch
I spent some time on the site, and the exhibition is truly impressive. The pieces in the collection exeeded my expectations, in fact. Bravo, Antonio! You are taking orders for the catalogue, are you not?

Well done, my friend.

Mark
Good morning my Friend,

Here am I awake at 3:22 AM.
Guess that when one is exhausted one sleeps badly.
Well, the pieces are all the participants merit.
Thank you for your kind words.
Check your email please.

Thank you my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
I'm still wading through it, but "extraordinary" just starts to describe it. Not only the exposition is thought-provoking, educational, extremely enjoyable and, why not to say it, very bold in its approach, but the presentation through the website it is truly an "alternative" exposition by itself and represents an excellent use of a communication tool to expand the scope of such an event. Its specific design and layout speaks of the care invested in it so people like us, all over the world, can partake of the immense work put forth by all those involved.
For this, Antonio, many, many thanks to you and all those have made it possible, and my sincere congratulations for what I’m sure is, yet another, success.
Thank you Marc
Your words are most encouraging. I hope to be able to take detailed pictures of the exhibits inside the display cases with a special set up, for the black background makes the glass act like a mirror.

I thought that it would be nice to create a *behind the scenes* section because it would be educational on the amount of work involved.

I will upload tomorrow my conference about swords being art. I noticed the second row of the Menu showed less people reading it, but nonetheless it is very encouraging to see that the homepage has received more than 600 hits in the first 24 hours

Your words are most kind and encouraging. Thank you
Old 17th October 2005, 02:09 AM   #5
Andrew

Outstanding, Antonio! I particularly love seeing photos of the smiths next to their work: it's nice to put a face with the names. Many of the featured smiths are new to me, and it's exciting to be introduced to them.

I'm very interested in a catalogue as well.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2005, 02:18 AM   #6
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Outstanding, Antonio! I particularly love seeing photos of the smiths next to their work: it's nice to put a face with the names. Many of the featured smiths are new to me, and it's exciting to be introduced to them.

I'm very interested in a catalogue as well.

Best,
Andrew
Thank you Andrew,

I knew the official website could not show everything, so I built an alternative one.
I'm sure you know why is the reason for my delay with other things .
The Brazilian smiths are a great addition. I must refrain to show any personal preferences, but the way we managed to display would not be possible if we had more entries. Some smiths didn't bother to reply to the invitations. I am so grateful for that or we would be in trouble.

Shadow of Leaves are selling our catalogues up to a quota of 50. Right now the quota is nearing completion. Go and email Michael Crampton for a quick hit.

Check your PM in 5 minutes time
Old 17th October 2005, 05:46 AM   #7
Andrew

Antonio:

I can't even imagine how busy you've been in recent months. Proper placement of priorities is often difficult, but always necessary. It's something I struggle with every day.

Your hard work is evident. Congratulations! I'm sure we'll be seeing more from the Brazilian smiths.

I got your PM. Thanks.

Best,
Andrew
Old 17th October 2005, 07:04 AM   #8
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Antonio:

I can't even imagine how busy you've been in recent months. Proper placement of priorities is often difficult, but always necessary. It's something I struggle with every day.

Your hard work is evident. Congratulations! I'm sure we'll be seeing more from the Brazilian smiths.

I got your PM. Thanks.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew,

Thank you for your understanding. I hope to get some breath before going into the next task. In this time I will be doing what I promised.

I love to work when it has a meaning
Replied to your PM as well

Very best,
Antonio
Old 15th November 2005, 06:37 AM   #9
Tim

Antonio,
I recieved my catalogue yesterday. I am very happy with the quality and photographs. Thank you for making this possible.

Best regards,

Tim Billups
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2005, 08:17 AM   #10
Antonio Cejunior

Default Catalogue

Hi Tim,

It is most kind of you to acknowledge. In fact Michael Crampton has gone the extra mile to make it possible with free-shipping.
Glad you liked it

Best regards,
Antonio
Old 15th November 2005, 01:16 PM   #11
BluErf

Wow, I'm sure its going to be a great exhibition! Too bad I can't go to Macau to see it.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see Mr Michael 'Tinker' Pearce amongst the smiths featured. His viking sword looks great! I have the honor of owning one of his earlier creations, which I love for its clean and flowing lines, and also for its balanced feel.
Attached Images

BluErf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2005, 01:18 PM   #12
BluErf

Any chance of seeing closeup pictures of the grain of the Chinese and Japanese swords?
Old 15th November 2005, 02:16 PM   #13
Jens Nordlunde

Antonio, it is fantastic. Real masterpieces presented like masterpieces should be - congratulations.

Jens
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2005, 02:17 PM   #14
Antonio Cejunior

Hi BluErf,

Very nice sword

The exhibition has opened already on October 14 and will be on until January 2006.
The unofficial site is here
The catalog had space limitations and we used the same photos of the catalog but I can assure you all swords are very nice

Best,

Antonio
Old 15th November 2005, 02:20 PM   #15
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
Antonio, it is fantastic. Real masterpieces presented like masterpieces should be - congratulations.

Jens
Hi Jens,

Thank you so much. Most kind of you.
I'm having to log off. Am exhausted today.

Feel free to add a comment on the Comments menu. It will be good for the decision makers in the future.

Good night
Old 15th November 2005, 04:57 PM   #16
VANDOO
(deceased)

Thumbs up

I JUST TOOK A LOOK AT THE EXHIBIT AND EVERYONE DID THEMSELVES PROUD THERE IS A GOOD REPRESENTATION OF SOME OF THE REMARKABLE WORK BEING DONE TODAY IN SEVERAL PARTS OF THE WORLD.
THE MUSEUM DISPLAY IS SIMPLE AND WELL LIGHTED SO AS TO FOCUS ON THE WORK BEING PRESENTED AND LOOKS GOOD, WISH I WAS A JET SETTER SO I COULD FLY OVER TO SEE IT.

THE SMITHS WHO MADE THE EDGED WEAPONS SHOW THEIR EXPERTESE AS WELL AS LOVE FOR WHAT THEY DO, LONG MAY THEY PROSPER. MY PERSONEL THANKS TO THEM AND THE MUSEUM FOR MAKING THE EXHIBIT POSSIBLE, CONGRADULATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2005, 12:20 AM   #17
Antonio Cejunior

Dear Vandoo,

Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words. It took 15 months of preparations but it is worth the work
You must start to become a Jet Setter soon

Kindest regards,

Antonio
Old 16th November 2005, 02:56 AM   #18
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO
WISH I WAS A JET SETTER SO I COULD FLY OVER TO SEE IT.
I think you've been to more exotic places than I've read about, Barry.
Old 16th November 2005, 02:59 AM   #19
Andrew

Thumbs up

I recently received my copy of the catalogue as well. This is the second MMA catalogue in my library and, as I said on another forum, these are among the best I've seen.

Congratulations and many thanks, Antonio.
Old 16th November 2005, 03:00 AM   #20
Andrew

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluErf
Wow, I'm sure its going to be a great exhibition! Too bad I can't go to Macau to see it.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see Mr Michael 'Tinker' Pearce amongst the smiths featured. His viking sword looks great! I have the honor of owning one of his earlier creations, which I love for its clean and flowing lines, and also for its balanced feel.
I'm not really a western sword guy, but I really like Tinker's stuff. Love that long point on your sword, Kai Wee.
Old 16th November 2005, 03:04 AM   #21
Antonio Cejunior

Thank you very much Andrew
It is just the place and the circumstance.
Macau is a very unique place to work. A printer can print a book in 4 days.

Best regards,
Antonio
Old 16th November 2005, 01:03 PM   #22
BluErf

Quote:
I'm not really a western sword guy, but I really like Tinker's stuff. Love that long point on your sword, Kai Wee.
Thanks Andrew! I could not let go of the sword after I handled it. Although a long sword (About 1.1m in length, hand-and-a-half hilt), it felt 'alive' and quick. It was based on a late 15th century example. I read during that period, plate armour reached its zenith, and a slashing edge was no longer as useful as an armour-piercing point. So that's the reason for the long sharp point.

If only I could handle Tinker's viking sword in MoF... And the Chinese sword by Zhou Zhen Wu too! Hack, I'd love to get my hands on all the swords in the exhibition!
Old 16th November 2005, 03:04 PM   #23
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluErf
Thanks Andrew! I could not let go of the sword after I handled it. Although a long sword (About 1.1m in length, hand-and-a-half hilt), it felt 'alive' and quick. It was based on a late 15th century example. I read during that period, plate armour reached its zenith, and a slashing edge was no longer as useful as an armour-piercing point. So that's the reason for the long sharp point.

If only I could handle Tinker's viking sword in MoF... And the Chinese sword by Zhou Zhen Wu too! Hack, I'd love to get my hands on all the swords in the exhibition!
And the New Zealand sword ... oh, and that gladius ... and ... and ....

(Queue the music) Ohhhh .... if I were a rich man ... ya da dee dee, dee dee, dee dee, dee dee, dee dee, dee dee dum ..... if I were a biddy biddy man .....
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote